The Student Room Group

Failed my theory test

(Didn't know which forum to put this in). Well, I failed my theory test by 5 marks (the question part) and I'm feeling down/kind of embarrassed about it because everyone's always talking about how easy it is. I did a lot of practice tests but some of the questions threw me off. Is it common to fail first time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zombie-dance
(Didn't know which forum to put this in). Well, I failed my theory test by 5 marks (the question part) and I'm feeling down/kind of embarrassed about it because everyone's always talking about how easy it is. I did a lot of practice tests but some of the questions threw me off. Is it common to fail first time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no shame in not passing first time, a lot of people get caught out, especially with questions they haven't seen before (I had a few of those!). All you can do is revise the bits you were unsure of, do some more mock tests to get your confidence back, and have another go :smile:
I thinks its about 50-50. People who fail just don't shout about it, so its likely that more people fail than you think. Get hold of the app and do as many questions as you can, then move on to the tests. If you spend enough time on it then its likely that when you get to the test you know the answers to at least 44/45 of the qs, so you know you've passed if that makes sense.
Original post by zombie-dance

Posted from TSR Mobile

why are you ashamed :redface: don't be... :hugs:
my dad failed like 3 times :lol:
everyone learns differently and i am sure next time you'll do, you'll know more than before
keep on trying xx
Original post by fatima1998
why are you ashamed :redface: don't be... :hugs:
my dad failed like 3 times :lol:
everyone learns differently and i am sure next time you'll do, you'll know more than before
keep on trying xx

Aw haha thanks xD the main reason is because people always talk about how easy it is and how they wonder how anyone can fail lol but hopefully I'll pass next time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I failed first time, its not as easy as people think, some questions can trick you, the best thing to do is learn from your mistakes, on the sheet you get in the end, it usually tells you where your mistakes are, just go over that
Reply 6
Don't worry about not passing the first time, it doesn't make you a better driver if you did. I would look at the high way code again and focus on the areas you were getting wrong and see what you can improve on
Thanks everyone! c:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest