Turn on thread page Beta

What to do..? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The guy im with told me that he is terminally ill..this news has put our reltionship on alot of strain and im starting to feel as if hes not interested in this relationship or me anymore and i do not blame him becuase he obvioulsy has alot of things to deal with...recently he told me that he wishes that i was there for him at times..i found this comment really distressing as i feel that i am there for him but he never comes to me or talks to me anymore.

I just don't know how to be "there" for him anymore..he knows im here if he ever wants to talk or whatever but he doesnt bother...

i always initiate conversations etc..it seems as if he is pushing me away

i don't know wat to do

ReputationRep:
    i think the only thing you can do is just let him know that your there for him, and say he can talk to you know matter what is up, and just ask him how he is feeling about everything but dont ask too much as he might get annoyed

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your guy being ill

As Kelly said, just make sure he knows that you are there for him. That's all you can do. Offer your support and everything.

Obviously his illness is a big deal, but try your best not to make it an issue. If it was me in your position, I'd want to enjoy my time with him and make sure we do lots of fun things etc. and generally have a good, happy time.

Feel better soon x

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a very difficult situation for you. Maybe try explaining to him that you always try to be there for him and reitterate the fact that you are there and you are willing to talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    thanx for all your posts

i'm going on holiday this week for a couple of weeks and i dnt think we can spend time together..hes always got something on or whatever...hes not the type of person who goes out alot due to family problems..i dnt know what to do

i was planning on telling him how i feel before i go on holiday..telling him how i will always be there for him no matter how much he tries to push me away. and how im so sorry that i may not seem as if im not there for him and how much i really do care for him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.