The Student Room Group

Where in UCAS Do I Explain My GCSE Results?

Hi

I moved schools in the middle of year 11 and my new school at that time was in special measures. At the end, I achieved 5A*'s, 1A and 3B's. I know my grades are good but I want to apply to medicine which is obviously very competitive and other applicants will likely have much higher grades than me.

I could also contact the school that I sat my GCSE's in and ask them for a letter explaining all of this just in case.

So, I was wondering whether or not this could be written in my reference my personal statement. Or do you think that I should not include it in my application?
Original post by MA1998
Hi

I moved schools in the middle of year 11 and my new school at that time was in special measures. At the end, I achieved 5A*'s, 1A and 3B's. I know my grades are good but I want to apply to medicine which is obviously very competitive and other applicants will likely have much higher grades than me.

I could also contact the school that I sat my GCSE's in and ask them for a letter explaining all of this just in case.

So, I was wondering whether or not this could be written in my reference my personal statement. Or do you think that I should not include it in my application?

This would be explained in your reference, as long as you mention it to your referee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MA1998
Hi

Firstly, 5A*s, 1A and 3Bs are fine for some Medical Schools. The important thing is for you to apply wisely and avoid GCSE-heavy Medical Schools.

I wouldn't put that down on your PS - you have a very limited amount of space there so this thing should go in our reference. Whether or not it will have a big impact is something I don't know, however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending