The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
the_alba
I'm 22, I've just finished a Master's degree and I start my PhD in a couple of months, and last night I got ID'd buying cigarettes. I had no ID on me, so came away empty-handed. It was humiliating, and made me really angry. How could they think I was 15? I understand if it's for alcohol, or if the person asking me is old and can't tell the difference, but the girl behind the counter was three years younger than me, which just makes it worse. If it's for alcohol I usually just laugh it off, but the idea that they thought I could be 15 - still at school! - was a bit much for me. I wanted to scream.

Sounds like she did that to peeve you off. Probably thought you were 18 or something and that she could have a bit of fun.

In future say something like, "try telling the mother of my child I'm 15" if you wanna have some fun back. Alternatively, a bank card can serve to prove you're 16.
i'm 19 and people say i look about 15-16 (profile pic confirms this). it does bother me a little when i get id'd for absolutely everything (once i even got id'd for lemsip and an R18 dvd) but it's not so bad. quite a few people find it cute.
Reply 62
I look really young for my age too, I look about 15/16...It gets me down, I have a young looking face and I'm flat chested, so I get ID'd everywhere I go, and for buying drink in shops! Grrrr! It has an effect on my state of mind too because everyone treats me like a child...
Sort of along the same lines, but has anyone every being in that situation where their mates can get into clubs and you can't because you don't look old enough. :grr:

I suppose i shouldn't moan, because i'm 17, so actually underage, but It makes me sulk like a little girl when my friends (some who are younger then me) can just walk in without the bouncers looking twice at them.

Thak god, i've only got 6 months to wait until i'm 18. :cheers:

Latest

Trending

Trending