Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone ever had a near death experience [As in nearly died not the other] Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basic question but only answer if you wish to of course)

Has anyone knocked on deaths door, as it were, be it; car accidents/illness/etc. or simply come very close such as nearly being hit by a car when playing Pokemon Go etc.

Personally I was nearly run down by a Routemaster once and had respitory failure and subsequently the heart stopped for a few seconds, some very weird memories of that time albeit it could have been the morphine.. either way not fun but definitely a learning curve.

ReputationRep:
    once smoked weed and my heartbeat went to 200, thought i was dead fam

ReputationRep:
    Yes nearly died from complications of a ruptured appendix that led to peritonitis due to medical negligence.

I remember vividly being 6 years old and thinking "I'm going to die".

ReputationRep:
    No not really. Thankfully. Closes I have come is near misses on bike involving cars.... Considering recently my old biology and form teacher was killed on his bike by a car overtaking when it shouldn't have, cycling is probably my most likely cause of death at this stage in my life

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lost the rear end at 40mph in January- curved road, adverse camber and no barrier leading to a fall off a mini cliff's edge . So my last memories would've been sky, ground, sky, ground, death. Thankfully I'm an amazing driver and got the tail back. That and when my ex decided to overtake at high speed and almost went into a head-on with an artic. She was a bit special to say the least.

Twice I've been almost hit by vehicles (both entirely my fault) and I don't know WHAT saved me. The first time was worse, if I'd been a baby step forward then I would've gone flying

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 15 I once nearly got run over by a truck. I was crossing the road on my way back from school- I had headphones on & wasn't *paying attention to what was going on. I heard a loud horn, looked to one side & saw it coming towards me. I ran straight across & it must have missed me by inches. It was icy as well so I could so easily have slipped & gone straight under the wheels. I got across just in time, tripped over the kerb & hit the pavement full force with my knees. Over the next few days I had so many people in school asking what had happened to my legs because I had plasters on both knees & bruises all the way down my thighs. I felt really stupid about how careless I'd been & was a bit embarrassed explaining to people what I'd done. I was so shaken up at the time & afterwards so relieved at how lucky I'd been not to have died. It made me a lot more careful about crossing roads.

ReputationRep:
    Once I got blackout drunk and was asleep on my back, I could've totally choked on my vomit fam

ReputationRep:
    I was nearly ran over by a car when I was a kid (iirc the driver was speeding around the corner which was pretty common where I grew up; a little boy in my road died due to this) the driver stopped just in time thankfully.*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.