Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So I am not a girly girl by far, but if there is one thing about make up I love, it's nail polish. I am addicted. I have a large make up bag dedicated to my nail polishes alone.

So I was wondering, has anyone got a favourite brand of nail polish? I like Maybelline's Colour Show range because of the brushes, but I have fallen in love with Essie's gift set ones. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I love the revlon colourstay ones- they last forever and lately im loving the sinful colours kylie jenner nail polishes XX
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ForeverAQx)
    I love the revlon colourstay ones- they last forever and lately im loving the sinful colours kylie jenner nail polishes XX
    Revlon is one of the few brands I have not tried actually. Nor the Kylie ones, but I am not into the Kardashian hype.

ReputationRep:
    I literally have a shoebox that is filled with nail polish. I don't have a favourite brand but I wanna try Essie and Barry M. Currently my nails are painted black, not very girly lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I literally have a shoebox that is filled with nail polish. I don't have a favourite brand but I wanna try Essie and Barry M. Currently my nails are painted black, not very girly lol
    Essie is great! I am wary of Barry M, there is mixed reviews on that. My nails are currently grey with a top coat of white, purple and green sparkles. I love black though, cause it goes so well with so much.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a favourite brand but I really want to try essie. I never wear make up but, have a bit of an obsession with nail polish

ReputationRep:
    I like to use Revlon colorstay gel envy, loving the nude colors at the moment, and Sally Hansen which is also a gel, as they last longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Essie is great! I am wary of Barry M, there is mixed reviews on that. My nails are currently grey with a top coat of white, purple and green sparkles. I love black though, cause it goes so well with so much.
    I agree, black is a great colour.
    Do you do your nails yourself or get someone else to do them? I've got nail art supplies but I find them time consuming and a bit fidgety to use
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Frizzy one)
    I don't have a favourite brand but I really want to try essie. I never wear make up but, have a bit of an obsession with nail polish
    Same! :yep:

(Original post by Lit34)
    I like to use Revlon colorstay gel envy, loving the nude colors at the moment, and Sally Hansen which is also a gel, as they last longer.
    Sally Hansen is good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I agree, black is a great colour.
    Do you do your nails yourself or get someone else to do them? I've got nail art supplies but I find them time consuming and a bit fidgety to use
    I do them myself. Always have. Painting my nails started off as a thing to stop me biting my nails, then into a calming technique, which I still use to this day.

ReputationRep:
    Which does everyone prefer gel or matte? And why?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Which does everyone prefer gel or matte? And why?
    Matte. Seems to last longer for me. I don't mind gel, it just chips!

ReputationRep:
    Matte. Seems to last longer for me. I don't mind gel, it just chips!
    I know! Everyone is like "gel last for up to 2 weeks without chipping" and mine chips after a day 😔
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know! Everyone is like "gel last for up to 2 weeks without chipping" and mine chips after a day 😔
    That has never happened to me. My nail polish doesn't last longer than like 5 days max.

ReputationRep:
    That has never happened to me. My nail polish doesn't last longer than like 5 days max.
    It's probably just me 😅 Gel polish dries so quickly though (last time I forgot the top coat and it literally wouldn't dry 😂)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It's probably just me 😅 Gel polish dries so quickly though (last time I forgot the top coat and it literally wouldn't dry 😂)
    I mean gel polish lasting 2 weeks. It just chips.

ReputationRep:
    NARS.

ReputationRep:
    I mean gel polish lasting 2 weeks. It just chips.
    I realised that after posting but couldn't be bothered editing 😅

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, maybe use google translate to help you find the best Polish one

ReputationRep:
    Essie is the best one I've tried by far, two coats of the colour, quick top coat to finish and it lasts for agessss 😍😄

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.