Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this the wrong topic for TSR, I turned 30 yesterday and I have now just really started to shave daily, I never have really tried to grow any facial hair because I have been scared I have not had enough, when I was about 27 or 28 two or three years ago I stoped shaving for three week but it looked patchy, how long does it take to grow a beard any help?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by james forrester)
    Not sure if this the wrong topic for TSR, I turned 30 yesterday and I have now just really started to shave daily, I never have really tried to grow any facial hair because I have been scared I have not had enough, when I was about 27 or 28 two or three years ago I stoped shaving for three week but it looked patchy, how long does it take to grow a beard any help?
    For some people it will only ever be patchy. And others can grow a full beard within a month. I've known people who have spent a year trying to grow it and it have went beyond patchy so there isn't a specific time period.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depends on the person. My brother can't grow a beard at all and he's 27. I'm 24 and can grow a moustache and goatee reasonably fast. The rest does follow but not as quickly and the only patchy bit is under my chin.

ReputationRep:
    Continue shaving daily and it will improve. However it depends on your genetics, if males in your family have a beard then you should have a decent chance at getting one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james forrester)
    At 23:

Spoiler:
    Show

At 24:

Spoiler:
    Show

At 29:

Spoiler:
    Show

As you can see from the last photograph, my cheeks and jawline are only just starting to fill out, and it'll be a year or two yet before I can actually cultivate sideburns, but progress over the past eight months alone has been quite noticeable. That said, 27 is fairly late to the table where beards are concerned, so I'd be surprised if you ever achieve full coverage; but that isn't to say a classic goatee or Van Gogh might not lie within your grasp somewhere down the line.

If you are born in central asia, like me, then you will start growing facial from the age of 13, and you may grow a full beard by 16/17. but if your born in the United kingdom then you may get a start growing facial hair from the age of 21 or onwards, and get a full beard by 24.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.