Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    I'll be studying graphic design at the uni of brighton this september and I just found out I didn't get into halls. I'm scared I'll miss out on something even though there's nothing I can really do about it... what are your opinions ? Can it be just as fun in a unihome or in private rental ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I applied for halls too, but didn't get in, I'm doing reserved rooms like a shared house basically, you should consider it. I'll be studying 3D design and craft in September there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to Grand Parade September. I applied for halls too, but didn't get in. Do you have any contacts for house shares etc? The uni ones have massive deposits..

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about the shared houses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimst)
    How did you find out about the shared houses?
    They sent me an email explaining I didn't get into halls, but I can get a place for a reserved room that is basically like a shared house with other Brighton students. What are you planning to do?*

ReputationRep:
    Ok ta. Not sure? Check out the reserved rooms or commute for a while?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, same thing happened with me. I applied for halls and they have offered a house share close to the Phoenix Brewery, but the contract is so long being 48 weeks, which I dont want. I kinda want to find another cheaper place but need to find other students. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting on unihomes just for convenience... I'm french so finding anything else is so complicated, you should check out the fb page ! lots of people are looking for roommates as well !

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I find that spareroom.com isn't too bad when looking for rooms! However i'm going to be in the Eastbourne campus so probably considerably cheaper But its worth a look if any thing

ReputationRep:
    I have found a couple of places on Sturents. One being this amazing 5 double bedroom house at Fairlight Place. I tried looking at Spareroom but couldnt find much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbpayne)
    I have found a couple of places on Sturents. One being this amazing 5 double bedroom house at Fairlight Place. I tried looking at Spareroom but couldnt find much.
    Oh might have a look on there!! Sorry my post didn't help much :P I just ended up typing into google or facebook to see what i could find

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic! Private rented housing is just as fun as halls of residence - in fact some people even prefer it!
    There is an official Brighton Students' Union house hunting group on Facebook, just head to Facebook.com/brightonsufreshers2016 and all the groups will be posted on there.

Don't be fooled into copycat or imitation groups/ pages!

ReputationRep:
    I can find the group but can't see any chat about accommodation, can anyone put the link in here please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.