Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I'm going on holiday to Scotland soon :woo:

Has anyone got any recommendations for Edinburgh and Glasgow? Must-see, must-do, must-eat?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I'm due to go to Glasgow soon too and asked the same question a few weeks ago -
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4139271

ReputationRep:
    Spock's Socks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You'll be in my neck of the woods :woo:

There's definitely a lot to see and do and I recommended a lot in Tiger Rag's thread and hopefully you'll find some ideas there! You wont be stuck for choice in things to do in either city. If you need any more info, just give me a shout

Hope you have a great time in Scotland and can understand our slang and accent ok :laugh:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I'm due to go to Glasgow soon too and asked the same question a few weeks ago -
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4139271
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    You'll be in my neck of the woods :woo:

There's definitely a lot to see and do and I recommended a lot in Tiger Rag's thread and hopefully you'll find some ideas there! You wont be stuck for choice in things to do in either city. If you need any more info, just give me a shout

Hope you have a great time in Scotland and can understand our slang and accent ok :laugh:
    Thanks for both of these I'll have a look at that other thread now

I hope people don't laugh at me because I'm a dirty southerner :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You must make the hike up to Arthurs seat if you can for the views. I'm impressed with cities than can offer scenic hiking peaks, in Edinburgh's case the path starts from practically next to their parliament. Personally I found the view of the old town from calton hill the most impressive and if you Pay a fiver you can walk to the top of the Nelson tower for a 360 view of the whole city.

The royal yacht britinnia tour is a must see. Worth the £15 entrance imo. Fascinating to see what's its like inside.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.