Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who here has been on the web so much that they can now speed type as a result - I've noticed how much quicker my typing has become recently - how its ultra quick.

BTW - I know this is a dull topic but everyones posting things like this so why not me? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can type at about 81 WPM and its all thanks to forums like these...and spending hours on MSN

ReputationRep:
    I can touth type about 80wpm without looking at the keyboard. If I force myself to look at the keyboard, I actually type slower and look back at the monitor as though it was a reflex action! It has been partly down to MSN because I never abbreviate and always type the full words when chatting on MSN other than the usual 'lol'. I have tried typing like that before but I don't find it any faster.

ReputationRep:
    isnt there an internet site that you can take a test and it tells you how fast you type?

ReputationRep:
    I type 100wpm

ReputationRep:
    yeah but arent you the one who knows lots about computers? or is that Dazya? anyway, how you know how fast u type?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    isnt there an internet site that you can take a test and it tells you how fast you type?
    Indeed there is. http://www.typingtest.com/
    I can do 100 wpm Proves that I spend waay too much time on the PC!

ReputationRep:
    There's loads, just search for 'typing test' on google.

ReputationRep:
    isnt there any tests that you can type what you want rather than copying what it says? its annoying because you cant spell half the words which means it isnt the true reflection of how fast you type.

ReputationRep:
    isnt there any tests that you can type what you want rather than copying what it says?
    Well, no. If there were any like that, you could just type a string such as 'a a a a a a a a a a... etc' and gross about 300 word p/minute.

ReputationRep:
    i am really slow when i have to read a type, but really fast when i type stuff i write myself in my head.

ReputationRep:
    i can touch(without looking at keyboard) and speed type

wow arn't I cool.

today was amzainghggggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Who here has been on the web so much that they can now speed type as a result - I've noticed how much quicker my typing has become recently - how its ultra quick.

BTW - I know this is a dull topic but everyones posting things like this so why not me? :rolleyes:

i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love shane filan i love i love shane filan i love shane filan

Now thats speed typing, wrote that In 1 minute
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I can type faster, but still look at the keyboard

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.