Turn on thread page Beta

Intercollegiate Accommodation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've just found out that I've been allocated Hughes Parry Hall but I had my heart set on living in Connaught so is there anyone here who wants to swap?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm pretty sure that all the intercollegiate halls have those rules...

ReputationRep:
    I'll give you a nice some of money if you just give me your room...I missed the deadline so I need to find somwhere to live :P

ReputationRep:
    I got Canterbury Hall as well and wanted Connaught. But I guess we're pretty lucky to get any accomodation, on the SOAS board (where I'll hopefully be going) quite a few people missed out on accomodation completely :/

ReputationRep:
    what uni are ou guys going to? all of us over at ucl have to wait until september to find out where we've been alocated...seems a bit unfair that they've started dishing out places already...

ReputationRep:
    im lse

ReputationRep:
    commonwealth college. think its good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foutoosh)
    what uni are ou guys going to? all of us over at ucl have to wait until september to find out where we've been alocated...seems a bit unfair that they've started dishing out places already...
    It's not first come first serve though, UCL, Kings, LSE, etc will have a designated number of Intercollegiate rooms to offer people, so the speed of applcations won't be relevant. If that wasn't the case, UCL students would never get any places would they.

ReputationRep:
    Canterbury is the nicest hall after International, in terms of intercollegiate halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonds_glitter_trauma_tears)
    I've just found out that I've been allocated Canterbury Hall but I had my heart set on living in Connaught so is there anyone here who wants to swap?
    I'm in the same situation. Though not too bothered now, yeah it'll be a pain having to pay £1.50 but meh. I'm liking the bathroom situation- only sharing with one other person, beats having to share with 20!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be in Hughes Parry! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    I'm pretty sure that all the intercollegiate halls have those rules...
    Nope. Connaught is very relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    i got Commonwealth Hall, first choice was Connaught because it was closer but hopefully it would be a nice experience.

ReputationRep:
    Commonwealth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simmy)
    i got Commonwealth Hall, first choice was Connaught because it was closer but hopefully it would be a nice experience.
    Hehe, closer by one street or so. Living in Commonwealth instead doesnt really add to the trek..

ReputationRep:
    Well that's good to here, it looks a lot further on google maps. ia it a nice accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be in Connaught.

Anyone else found out what accommodation they've got yet?

ReputationRep:
    i'm in connaught too. Anybody know about how many grad students are usually there? Will I be the only one?

ReputationRep:
    mdog did you call the ucl office or did you get the package in the mail. Cuz when I called UCL they told me I got Connaught then when i called back to ask them some questions they told me it's commonwealth.

ReputationRep:
    I got an e-mail from one of the staff at Connaught, and I got housing through the Courtauld Institute, not UCL.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.