Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your response. The questions I have are as follow:

1) What does being an educational psychologist mean, in your opinion?
    2) What does your typical day at work consist of?
    3) Can you briefly describe the significant processes children undergo mentally/psychologically when developing?
    4) Can you briefly explain the behavioural traits that children show when developing thinking patterns?
    5) How are assessments used to treat (your) clients?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inthemorning)
    Thank you very much for your response. The questions I have are as follow:

1) What does being an educational psychologist mean, in your opinion?
    2) What does your typical day at work consist of?
    3) Can you briefly describe the significant processes children undergo mentally/psychologically when developing?
    4) Can you briefly explain the behavioural traits that children show when developing thinking patterns?
    5) How are assessments used to treat (your) clients?
    Hi, this site may answer some of your questions I've found it very useful whilst researching careers!

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-prof...l-psychologist

ReputationRep:
    Something that I considered before turning off ed psych was the fact that the majority of the ones I spoke to had been SENCOs first. Not all, but it is generally a job a lot of training providers and councils like you to have done first. They let other people through yes, but it is largely a promotion from the SENCO role. I wanted to do something more therapeutic and I couldn't really see myself in the role. I went for Speech and language therapy in the end. If you're interested in the educational side of things, SLT is a less competitive but fairly similarly remunerated profession where there's a lot of overlap with ed psych.*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.