Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you think about it every scoundrel in order to hide his negative caracter can just declare himself to be a human right loving, pro-minority person. The best weapon of this is virtue signaling where saying statement like that you are for open borders automatically makes you a good person although your motive can be different. This especially is true for the left-wing parties where they want to import as many refugees as possible under the pretext "to helping them" but in fact want to import a voting base for themself

There is a lot more examples. BLM movement officialy says they are for equality and want to stop racism but their action are in fact the opposite. They express openly racism toward whites and even chant to kill cops, the liberal media on other hand ignores their bad sides because "they are a progressive minority".

So, what do you think. Is Progressivism the last refuge of the scoundrel?

ReputationRep:
    Um, I find the word scoundrel rather classist. I prefer you say scallywag.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Um, I find the word scoundrel rather classist. I prefer you say scallywag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The question is coming from Samuel Johnson`s statement that "Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundre". I think the point stands. I am threatening progressivism in the same way as J. patriotism. As examples have shown it is only necesary for an douche to say he believes woman are opressed in the West to be by defaul declared a saint.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.