The Student Room Group

Is Progressivism the last refuge of the scoundrel?

If you think about it every scoundrel in order to hide his negative caracter can just declare himself to be a human right loving, pro-minority person. The best weapon of this is virtue signaling where saying statement like that you are for open borders automatically makes you a good person although your motive can be different. This especially is true for the left-wing parties where they want to import as many refugees as possible under the pretext "to helping them" but in fact want to import a voting base for themself

There is a lot more examples. BLM movement officialy says they are for equality and want to stop racism but their action are in fact the opposite. They express openly racism toward whites and even chant to kill cops, the liberal media on other hand ignores their bad sides because "they are a progressive minority".

So, what do you think. Is Progressivism the last refuge of the scoundrel?
Reply 1
Um, I find the word scoundrel rather classist. I prefer you say scallywag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by RobML
Um, I find the word scoundrel rather classist. I prefer you say scallywag.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question is coming from Samuel Johnson`s statement that "Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundre". I think the point stands. I am threatening progressivism in the same way as J. patriotism. As examples have shown it is only necesary for an douche to say he believes woman are opressed in the West to be by defaul declared a saint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending