Diggaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I have just completed a HND in ICT and currently have a part time job, the job I applied for asked if I had any business qualifications which are essential to the job I applied for. So, I was wondering if I can get funded to do a HNC in Business (only been funded for 2 years so far) or will it not be accepted due to the fact I have already studied a higher level ?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Diggaa)
Hello, I have just completed a HND in ICT and currently have a part time job, the job I applied for asked if I had any business qualifications which are essential to the job I applied for. So, I was wondering if I can get funded to do a HNC in Business (only been funded for 2 years so far) or will it not be accepted due to the fact I have already studied a higher level ?
You ll probably fall foul to the Elq rules.
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Diggaa

As you already hold a higher level of qualification, you would not be eligible for funding though Student Finance.

Thanks
Diggaa
Rep:
?
I read the ELQ and it says that people are exempt from it if they have a foundation degree , I believe a HND is the equivalent ?
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Foundation degrees and HNDs are both the same level. (2nd year of uni)
Diggaa
Rep:
?
That's what I mean on the ELQ it says that persons with a foundation degree are exempt from this ruling? can anyone clarify

thanks
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you have a link to that please? I've not come across that before. I know you can get funding to top up our foundationdation degree / HND to a honours degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (605)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.89%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads