Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have just completed a HND in ICT and currently have a part time job, the job I applied for asked if I had any business qualifications which are essential to the job I applied for. So, I was wondering if I can get funded to do a HNC in Business (only been funded for 2 years so far) or will it not be accepted due to the fact I have already studied a higher level ?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Diggaa)
    Hello, I have just completed a HND in ICT and currently have a part time job, the job I applied for asked if I had any business qualifications which are essential to the job I applied for. So, I was wondering if I can get funded to do a HNC in Business (only been funded for 2 years so far) or will it not be accepted due to the fact I have already studied a higher level ?
    You ll probably fall foul to the Elq rules.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Diggaa

As you already hold a higher level of qualification, you would not be eligible for funding though Student Finance.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I read the ELQ and it says that people are exempt from it if they have a foundation degree , I believe a HND is the equivalent ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Foundation degrees and HNDs are both the same level. (2nd year of uni)

ReputationRep:
    That's what I mean on the ELQ it says that persons with a foundation degree are exempt from this ruling? can anyone clarify

thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Do you have a link to that please? I've not come across that before. I know you can get funding to top up our foundationdation degree / HND to a honours degree.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.