Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have just completed a HND in ICT and currently have a part time job, the job I applied for asked if I had any business qualifications which are essential to the job. So, I was wondering if I can get funded to do a HNC in Business (only been funded for 2 years so far) or will it not be accepted due to the fact I have already studied a higher level even though it was a different subject?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Diggaa)
    Hello, I have just completed a HND in ICT and currently have a part time job, the job I applied for asked if I had any business qualifications which are essential to the job. So, I was wondering if I can get funded to do a HNC in Business (only been funded for 2 years so far) or will it not be accepted due to the fact I have already studied a higher level even though it was a different subject?
    Due to ELQ rules, you won't get funded to study at a lower level

ReputationRep:
    Hi Juno, I read the ELQ and the HND which is Foundation degree equivalent is actually exempt from that ruling so I assume it should be ok?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Juno is right. Whilst there are a few exceptions, business isn't one of them.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.