Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you were born into a world were the nazis were in control. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you would believe you are superior to jews and that hitler was a hero as that is what society would have taught you? Or are you one of the few minority of people that actually thinks for themselves and doesn't listen to society?

I think most people would just believe it and not question it if that is the way you were brought up.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pillock)
    Do you think you would believe you are superior to jews and that hitler was a hero as that is what society would have taught you? Or are you one of the few minority of people that actually thinks for themselves and doesn't listen to society?

I think most people would just believe it and not question it if that is the way you were brought up.
    I'd be dead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

I think that it is probably impossible to know. I would like to think that I would have been one of the people who didn't go along with it but unless you are actually exposed to that sort of environment you can't know. I am sure a lot people who did end up going along with it would have said they would have spoken up before it happened.

ReputationRep:
    I'd join them, being German and blonde/blue eyed, I'd sneak my way up to hitler and offer him a kebab, eventually being BFF's.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Based on my personality and my characteristics in presence, I would been one of the few of the minority, that means I would not been influenced by nazi propagandism. And that means I would have done everything to leave the German Reich, propably emigrated to the USA. A step which was done by the most intellectual people who have realized the political circumstances and the dangerous living conditions at that time. And I am not talking about Jews only.

(Original post by Andy98)
    I'd be dead *
    Are you a Jew by any chance?*

ReputationRep:

I'm not influenced enough by the propaganda of your culture to believe that the Nazis were some kind of devil culture. Their beliefs were pretty similar to what was normal at the time e.g. Eugenics was popular throughout the West and Churchill made negative comments about Jews, Muslims etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bedrock100)
    I'm not influenced enough by the propaganda of your culture to believe that the Nazis were some kind of devil culture. Their beliefs were pretty similar to what was normal at the time e.g. Eugenics was popular throughout the West and Churchill made negative comments about Jews, Muslims etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This! So few people seem to grasp that the Nazis general beliefs really werent that outlandish back then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.