Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am undertaking a MA social work and hope to get the bursary. I've been told that I can't have the PG loan and the bursary but can I still get the top up maintenance loan from SFE. I am a disabled student in receipt of DSA.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi mozieuk

    A student studying social work as a second degree may be means tested and awarded maintenance loan but will NOT receive tuition fee support or maintenance grants although they may also apply for supplementary grants. (ADG, PLA, DSA and CCG only)

    Note - If the student is studying a post-graduate qualification in Social Work (ie holding an honours degree is an entry requirement to get on the course) then the student would be DSA only (if applicable)

    Note!! All Social Work students (post grad, undergrad and second degree) can apply for a social work bursary via NHS

How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.