Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So today, the BBC reported that the government and Amazon are working together to develop drones that are capable of delivering packages.

Do you think this is viable? What would drones be used to deliver next if it was in the wrong hands? Drugs?

Also, does anyone else think that this could see us become even lazier or is that the wrong way to look at it? It is pretty cool at the same time
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    So today, the BBC reported that the government and Amazon are working together to develop drones that are capable of delivering packages.

Do you think this is viable? What would drones be used to deliver next if it was in the wrong hands? Drugs?

Also, does anyone else think that this could see us become even lazier or is that the wrong way to look at it? It is pretty cool at the same time
    I don't see that it would make us any lazier really; if you're already going to be sat in your house waiting on a parcel, would the delivery method really make a difference? If anything, less wait time means less time to be lazy
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I don't see that it would make us any lazier really; if you're already going to be sat in your house waiting on a parcel, would the delivery method really make a difference? If anything, less wait time means less time to be lazy
    Damn it, beat me to it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Damn it, beat me to it.
    Need to be speedier next time then! :bell: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, beat me to it.
    Alright, alright I was merely spitballing ideas!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PugDevil strikes again.

ReputationRep:
    PugDevil strikes again.
    PugDevil is ill once again I literally sound like Batman right now, you know when he shouts with that weird voice :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PugDevil is ill once again I literally sound like Batman right now, you know when he shouts with that weird voice :lol:
    :rofl: yes I do. You should audition for the next Batman film, carpe diem PugDevil. :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    On the more positive side, what an incredibly awesome idea! I love the thought of drones trying to deliver parcels :lol:

I do think you're right about them being used for delivering more illicit items though, unless there was some way to prevent that :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    On the more positive side, what an incredibly awesome idea! I love the thought of drones trying to deliver parcels :lol:

I do think you're right about them being used for delivering more illicit items though, unless there was some way to prevent that :holmes:
    Shoot 'em down although the shrapnel might be a bit of problem, spraying all over the friendly neighbourhood

ReputationRep:
    I think drones are insanely cool

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.