Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I am a 25 year-old girl, and i've been single for about 14 months. From the ages of 18-21, I had a lovely boyfriend, but we eventually drifted apart. Since then, I've had nothing but bad luck.

My last boyfriend was abusive, cheated and got with his female friend about a week after we broke up.

A few months later ,I fell for a guy who was only really interested in having sex with me. Same thing happened a couple of months later, I met someone who seemed lovely and who I really liked, but again, didn't want a relationship, just sex.

I've had 2 dates with guys who both turned out to be quite rude, arrogant people, and who I felt again were just looking for one thing.

I know 25 is young, but i know I won't get any younger, and I am sick of bad luck with men.

What's ironic is that a few of these guys have commented on how I have got 'everything going for me' 'i'm the nicest person ever' i'm funny, intelligent etc.

I get a lot of (unwanted) attention from men because I have got big boobs (DD) and quite a curvy figure. The guys I've listed above were always saying how amazing my body was etc.

I feel like most people are in long-term relationships at this age; I have met some absolutely lovely guys, but every single one has had a girlfriend.

I have been on some dating sites but have had so many bad experiences on them and they just don't work for me.

I am constantly hearing 'you'll meet someone soon' 'you'll meet someone when the time is right' etc. but I feel like I never will. I have friends ,hobbies, a job I like etc.

I wonder if there is something i'm doing that puts men off. I sometimes fall for people easily and am not alwasy good at 'playing it cool' which may be the reason.

I think there are advantages to being single, but sometimes I'm just lonely. I feel like every guy I have met is just interested in sex; they're only interested in my chest or my ass.

Does anyone have advice/is anyone in the same position? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am not of very much use, but what I would say is that you sound like a lovely, sensible person and if I was you i would just live your life to the full without thinking about men and I bet you the perfect man will find his way into your life whilst you are having an awesome time. That is all i can suggest!

ReputationRep:
    Where are you meeting prospective partners btw? Try anything "proper" from gym studio classes to concerts or sports events. Online you'll get attention pretty quickly but, as you said, the wrong kind of attention (the "pump and dump" guys who never venture out of the house )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Have you tried online dating or speed dating?Perhaps join a club out of interest and you could meet someone nice there.

I know this is what you don't want to hear but you are only 25 and have time to meet a good man.

I can't suggest anything more than join the online dating sites, join social clubs, go out as much as you can.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in finding your man!

(Original post by JEG666)
    I am not of very much use, but what I would say is that you sound like a lovely, sensible person and if I was you i would just live your life to the full without thinking about men and I bet you the perfect man will find his way into your life whilst you are having an awesome time. That is all i can suggest!
    Thank you, that's very kind of you to say I think that's it, I need to stop thinking about men.. it's just that literally the last 4 guys I've met have all been the same!

I have still got feelings for one of them that I mentioned, and trying to get over him. He said I was more 'quiet and calm' than him and 'more into him than he was into me' so it 'wouldn't work' but it didn't stop him wanting to have sex with me :s

I know having a boyfriend is not everything, but each time they say I have 'everything going for me' personality-wise, and that i'm very attractive, but that the just haven't 'felt the spark'

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Where are you meeting prospective partners btw? Try anything "proper" from gym studio classes to concerts or sports events. Online you'll get attention pretty quickly but, as you said, the wrong kind of attention (the "pump and dump" guys who never venture out of the house )

i've tended to meet guys through frinds, at parties etc.

That's a good suggestion, I'll try that

A lot of my friends have had successful relationships from online dating, but I've just been put off by the abuse and harassing messages I've had on the sites !

(Original post by Analyst89)
    Have you tried online dating or speed dating?Perhaps join a club out of interest and you could meet someone nice there.

I know this is what you don't want to hear but you are only 25 and have time to meet a good man.

I can't suggest anything more than join the online dating sites, join social clubs, go out as much as you can.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in finding your man!

Thanks, I have tried online dating sites but I've just found they haven't worked for me; and I've had a lot of rude/nasty comments or harassment on the sites and I just can't be bothered going through that again!

You're right, I just need to go out to different places! The last couple of guys I met ,it was through my friend who has a greater social network than me, so I just need to not give up !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 25 year-old girl, and i've been single for about 14 months. From the ages of 18-21, I had a lovely boyfriend, but we eventually drifted apart. Since then, I've had nothing but bad luck.

My last boyfriend was abusive, cheated and got with his female friend about a week after we broke up.

A few months later ,I fell for a guy who was only really interested in having sex with me. Same thing happened a couple of months later, I met someone who seemed lovely and who I really liked, but again, didn't want a relationship, just sex.

I've had 2 dates with guys who both turned out to be quite rude, arrogant people, and who I felt again were just looking for one thing.

I know 25 is young, but i know I won't get any younger, and I am sick of bad luck with men.

What's ironic is that a few of these guys have commented on how I have got 'everything going for me' 'i'm the nicest person ever' i'm funny, intelligent etc.

I get a lot of (unwanted) attention from men because I have got big boobs (DD) and quite a curvy figure. The guys I've listed above were always saying how amazing my body was etc.

I feel like most people are in long-term relationships at this age; I have met some absolutely lovely guys, but every single one has had a girlfriend.

I have been on some dating sites but have had so many bad experiences on them and they just don't work for me.

I am constantly hearing 'you'll meet someone soon' 'you'll meet someone when the time is right' etc. but I feel like I never will. I have friends ,hobbies, a job I like etc.

I wonder if there is something i'm doing that puts men off. I sometimes fall for people easily and am not alwasy good at 'playing it cool' which may be the reason.

I think there are advantages to being single, but sometimes I'm just lonely. I feel like every guy I have met is just interested in sex; they're only interested in my chest or my ass.

Does anyone have advice/is anyone in the same position? Thanks
    I can relate to what you're saying in terms of being convinced that there must be something wrong with you for others to keep ending things with you. But in reality, it's more a case of differences in what you and your previous partners want and it results in a clash and break up. None of us can say that were never gonna meet any one, because anything can happen. At the same time, you can't force this kind of thing. It's a tricky topic because there is a sense of desire amongst us to find some one, but it isn't something that can be achieved with a click of a finger.
    I don't really know what to say about people just being interested in your body..i think you just haven't met the right person. I don't know whether you will or when you will find the right person for you. None of us knows what is around the corner.
    Not all guys are just interested in sex- where do you tend to meet these guys? It might be worth trying a new environment - joining an exercise class, take up some voluntary work- I've found that through my voluntary work I'm surrounded by some truly genuine people, and it taught me how influential where you are is when meeting people.

I would really suggest just training yourself to forget about men Every time it crosses your mind, immediately start thinking about something else! Concentrate on your life, on looking after and bettering yourself, on having fun, and on meeting people! Join clubs and volunteer and all that, but purely with the intention of having fun, helping out, and possibly making new friends. Then you'll be in the best position to meet potential suitors and best of all, you're not looking for them, because you never think about men - hopefully they'll find you and you won't have been expecting it!

Just think... you don't need a man to be happy. It might feel like it. But you don't. Who cares if you end up as a spinster? So long as you have enjoyed life and made yourself the best person you can be and met lots of different people - what else could you realistically have done?

Please don't mope about men. Enjoy yourself and feel attractive and feminine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

You're basically the female version of me.

I don't really know what to suggest. I've done a lot with myself and still fail to attract the opposite sex's attention. As long as you continue to do what you do and enjoy life, eventually you'll come across a gem and you'll be happier for it.

Don't give up hope, but don't stress too much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.