Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone
    I have been offered a spot at Cambridge for my masters study and was very excited about starting my programme. But my recent health check uncovered a potential medical condition and my doctor is recommending that I stay for the next few months for treatment.

Does anyone know if it is possible to defer admissions by a year due to illness? I have not asked the university directly yet. I read that deferment is normally only allowed for programmes that have multiple start dates in the same academic year (mine does not), but have not found anything about this kind of circumstance. If I had to apply all over again next year, I would really not want to give up my confirmed spot for this year.

Anyone have any experience with this?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by jhr9917)
    Hello Everyone
    I have been offered a spot at Cambridge for my masters study and was very excited about starting my programme. But my recent health check uncovered a potential medical condition and my doctor is recommending that I stay for the next few months for treatment.

Does anyone know if it is possible to defer admissions by a year due to illness? I have not asked the university directly yet. I read that deferment is normally only allowed for programmes that have multiple start dates in the same academic year (mine does not), but have not found anything about this kind of circumstance. If I had to apply all over again next year, I would really not want to give up my confirmed spot for this year.

Anyone have any experience with this?
    You really should simply ask the university. Someone else's experience may not help your situation.

Call them today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.