Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I applied to UWE to do sociology with a foundation year and got a conditional offer, the condition being I gained a C at GCSE maths (I never passed in school, it was always my weakest point). Because I'm on a gap year and not at college/school I set about doing the equivalency test and just received my results from it.. I didn't pass I narrowly missed the 75% which is a C grade. My insurance choice is Goldsmiths but I have decided I don't want to go there as I feel like I can't commit to the course they offer and I would also like to move out of home due to personal circumstances (Goldsmiths is very local to me). My question is.. What now? Can I enter clearing? Should I call up the uni? I'm obviously quite upset I didn't pass as UWE was always my first choice. Thanks in advance xx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. Yes, clearing is an option for you if you reject your goldsmiths offer. Might be good to check out who is in clearing first though. They might not be better than goldsmiths!

I would ring a couple of the universities that you're interested in before any formal clearing process.

ReputationRep:
    Call UWE and see what they say.

Sociology is a popular subject to study at university. In the worst case scenario, if UWE say no (which they may or may not) there are some excellent unis up and down the country who offer degrees in sociology.

I am doing postgraduate study in sociology so if there's anything I can do to help with your application then do let me know (I'm keen to pay some karma forward lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delicatedaydream)
    Hey all, I applied to UWE to do sociology with a foundation year and got a conditional offer, the condition being I gained a C at GCSE maths (I never passed in school, it was always my weakest point). Because I'm on a gap year and not at college/school I set about doing the equivalency test and just received my results from it.. I didn't pass I narrowly missed the 75% which is a C grade. My insurance choice is Goldsmiths but I have decided I don't want to go there as I feel like I can't commit to the course they offer and I would also like to move out of home due to personal circumstances (Goldsmiths is very local to me). My question is.. What now? Can I enter clearing? Should I call up the uni? I'm obviously quite upset I didn't pass as UWE was always my first choice. Thanks in advance xx
    Is there an option for you to resit the equivalency test on the 26th aug? I believe they are holding them in cardiff and you can register on the 10th August online. im in a similar situation, I am waiting for my maths GCSE result on the 25th aug, if I dont get it then my plan b is to try for the equivalency test on the 26th aug.

ReputationRep:
    okay just an update...I GOT IN!! so ****ing happy literally in tears ahahah. bring it onnnn

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.