Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is she rude, or am I wrong? watch

Announcements

Hello, the other day it was my BF and my GF didn't act the way I thought she would. For her birthday last December I took her out, we had a meal, went to an exhibition of her choice and I got her numerous gifts I knew she would like. For my birthday she didn't even send me a card (we live separately) and got me one gift. I understand that it seems immature but think about this, her gifts were all reflective of her interests and I got her at least five and she only got me one thing I once looked at. For those wanting to know, it was pretty much a toy and although I know adults play with toys I simply pointed out how I liked the design and thats all. She also kept saying we would go out but instead went out with her friends for a meal, is this fair?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not really mate. She should put the same amount of effort in as you did. Sounds like she did the bare minimum and didn't care about doing something special. Maybe talk to her about it.

ReputationRep:
    You would have to talk with her about it, if you see fit of course. Relationships depend on trust and trust comes with discussion of feelings and thoughts. I had a similar experience with my first (and so far only) girlfriend; she broke up with me after she started showing signs of detachment and as our communication lessened (she left to uni and she deemed that a viable excuse as I understood).
    Went off on a tangent there but I hope you get my take on your situation; think about your relationship and analyze it.
    Good luck, and remember Billy Joel's song "She's always a woman to me" :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe her financial situation didn't allow her to be more giving?

It'd be pretty daft of you to go steaming in accusing her of **** when there's more to it than meets the eye, you'll end up looking like a tool.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)

It'd be pretty daft of you to go steaming in accusing her of **** when there's more to it than meets the eye, you'll end up looking like a tool.
    Also said she went our with her friends instead of seeing him as well. And if it was my gf's birthday and couldn't afford to get her a nice present I'd apologise and explain and try to do something else special instead.

(Original post by Drunk Punx)

Her financial situation is great. She has a great job and just purchased a dress for over £500.

ReputationRep:
    some people just don't care that much about birthdays? it sounds like she did try and think about the present (since it was something you said you liked, she obviously remembered) it just seems she missed the mark

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.