Are you preparing for your uni application over the summer - TO: Current Lower Sixth? Watch

Andrew_2006
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So current lower sixth who have just done their AS levels, will you be preparing in anyway for your uni interviews or courses over the summer?

I have decided I should really do a bit of work for my English Q300 application....So i have tried to set aside some reading/learning time..

Anyway else in the same boat?
Report 11 years ago
I am in the same boat, yes. I'm applying for Physics and I'm gonna work on my application over the summer, as in fill in the form in an hour then send it.
Andrew_2006
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
What i really meant was stuff above and beyond just the ucas form - I mean towards the subject rather than just the p.s etc.
Mr Ben
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am, I'm studying physics, what I've done is buy the "Feynman Lectures on Physics" series and am reading through that (its a first year undergraduate course from CalTec), its a tough read but I think its worthwhile, should prepare me nicely for my undergrad physics course.
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You have some awesome grades, there Andrew_2006 you should definitely apply to oxbridge English, especially with the full marks in English Lit.
Wildebeest
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm applying for English, so basically my holiday is reading more books!
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yup more work experience and continuing voluntary work while still having fun oh yeah and trying to rearrange my trip to work in an orphanga abroad
Lucyatthegym
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well ja because personal statement is practucally done..

I'm applying for English too. So, the summer will include lots of reading.
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Won't you want to include references to some of the books you read this summer in your PS?
Toasted marshmellows
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
definartely - want to at least maintain my level of french so can come back in sept and go into it full swing - spending a little while in france - and having french exchange peeps over - so hopefully that will be beneficial too!
Lucyatthegym
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by calcium878)
Won't you want to include references to some of the books you read this summer in your PS?
Yea. I've done my personal statement.. as in it's been handed in to my head teacher.. I plan on reading lots over the summer.. Reading more from the authors I've mentioned in my ps.. and then I'll look at my ps with new eyes after the summer.. and probably make it better.
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahhh ok.
Morgan141
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yup, I'll be finishing my open university course on How the Universe Works and I'll be going over some AS Further Maths modules in the hope that the maths department will let me take it next year (self taught).

It should be a fun 'holiday' :p:
bruisepristine
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'll be doing lots of practice for my grade 8 (applying for music) but that's not just for my uni application, it's a hobby anyway.

Then I'll start writing my Personal Statement I guess.
<(+_+)>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just the usual. Writing my personal statement and doing some work experience.

Just remembered, need to do some background reading for the interviews aswel.
scout5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep. I drew up my reading list today, pretty scary/ long. I want to apply for philosophy and have read a few books, some of which I'll use in my personal statement, some which are just useful as background reading to give context. What I'm not sure about is how thourough or prepared to be.
oh yeh... and I'll have to fit Harry Potter 7 into this reading list too.
kateyrib
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive plannedd sooo much stuff this summer
including youth work and kids club..also working with speicla needs clients
and starting my statement
wheyyy
randomness
Report 11 years ago
Yup definately touching up on my work experience am doing it in two places. Then lots of reading on politics which i will have to fit in once i have written my extended essay draft along with my economics coursework arghhhhh...i have to hate ib sometimes...
socks44
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmmm ive had a lazy summer, i should have got a job, done voluntary work and started my statement.

Aint done none of it arrrgh!

Its lucky i work good under pressure. *cough*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads