Do I move on now? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I asked a woman out and she said no- well she said 'I guess it's a no'. On reflection I play it wrong, I may have had a better chance if we hung out a bit just the two of us. I probably tried to play it cool too much and didn't want to put it out there that I like her. Potentially leaving her thinking I just asked her for the sake of it and not thinking I like her quite a bit.

I had a drink with her and some others last night and there was a bit awkward. Not enough that anyone else would have noticed but we felt it. Maybe that's just normal. But I felt like she thought me asking her out was a worse idea than I thought it was. I think maybe she likes me but felt it was more inappropriate than I did.

Overall, my gut is saying she likes me but thought we shouldn't act on it. I messed up my best chance. Seeing her again made me want to find a way to see if she would reconsider. Rationally, I know I should just move on but I really don't want to.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I asked a woman out and she said no- well she said 'I guess it's a no'. On reflection I play it wrong, I may have had a better chance if we hung out a bit just the two of us. I probably tried to play it cool too much and didn't want to put it out there that I like her. Potentially leaving her thinking I just asked her for the sake of it and not thinking I like her quite a bit.

I had a drink with her and some others last night and there was a bit awkward. Not enough that anyone else would have noticed but we felt it. Maybe that's just normal. But I felt like she thought me asking her out was a worse idea than I thought it was. I think maybe she likes me but felt it was more inappropriate than I did.

Overall, my gut is saying she likes me but thought we shouldn't act on it. I messed up my best chance. Seeing her again made me want to find a way to see if she would reconsider. Rationally, I know I should just move on but I really don't want to.
To take a binary look at it:

She either said yes or no. She didn't say yes, therefore the answer is no (which she did actually say, albeit prefixed with "I guess it's a").

If your gut is thinking that she likes you then you need to tell your gut to listen more closely; logic dictates that if she liked you, she wouldn't have said no.

So yes, move on... otherwise you'll be that creepy guy who doesn't know when to quit.
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you don't move on now then you do head into creep territory. If she were to ever change her mind, the ball would be in her court. But you don't know why she said no so you'll never know the odds of her changing her mind. Trying to read between the lines of it all probably won't help matters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1065)
79.01%
Leave (283)
20.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise