Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    4c

ReputationRep:
    I will be, doesn't bother me. I've had to do it all my life.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend had a shared bathroom at uni. It was fine apart from on the weekends when the cleaners didn't work and of course that's when people get really drunk. So some stalls had to be avoided until Monday

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for it. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but i'm sure sharing with another 4 girls won't make that much of a difference. Plus it's cheaper and we'll get the bathroom cleaned for us. happy times :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You share with your family I assume

ReputationRep:
    yes, but be shearing with people you never meet before

ReputationRep:
    i hated sharing my hall bathroom, there was 3 showers for 12 of us 1 of which didnt work half the time, the other 2 had the loos in with the showers (like an ensuit only no bedroom!!) they were tiny, had the mankest shower curtains ever and always had hair in them! always! plus one started growing mould so bad it smelt and was too gross to go in!

hated hated hated it!

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelOfAges)
    So some stalls had to be avoided until Monday
    Did you mean Stools?

Anyway, I think the idea of sharing a bathroom is sick. I would have to worry about whether anyone would see me naked. I don't think I want to live for 3 years in such a stressful situation.

ReputationRep:
    i think its important to note that sharing with people you've never met before is a completely different story to sharing with your family... people have different bathroom habits and sometimes that can be very wearing.

i know a lot of people who shared in their first years who were fine about it, but then i also know a lot of people who couldn't bear the state that the bathroom was often found it. it depends on you as a person, i just thought i'd point out how differen't it can be to sharing with the fam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Pipkin)
    Did you mean Stools?

Anyway, I think the idea of sharing a bathroom is sick. I would have to worry about whether anyone would see me naked. I don't think I want to live for 3 years in such a stressful situation.
    Why would anyone see you naked???

ReputationRep:
    coz hes a closet exhibitionist...

ReputationRep:
    Did you mean Stools?

Why would anyone see you naked? I live in a house with 5 guys and share a bathroom with them. None of them have ever seen me naked...well except my boyfriend

It annoys me when people get fussing about sharing a bathroom. Have you never gone for a wee in the toilets at a shopping centre, a pub, your friends house? At least you have the chance to actually keep this bathroom clean. If you are at a uni where you have to live in private accommodation after your first year then I'm sorry but chances are you will have to share a bathroom. Just grow up and get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Did you mean Stools?

You only live in Halls for the first year.

ReputationRep:
    sharing bathroom with strangers is a bit unhygienic and gross

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR 51NGH)

He probably won't have made any friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrior-1)
    sharing bathroom with strangers is a bit unhygienic and gross
    So you've never pee'd in a public toilet ever? Get over it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for shared bathroom because en-suite was over £20 more a week. I have baths at awkward times anyway so I wouldn't mind waiting for less busy times and there will be a sink in my room. Hopefully will be fine

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there'll be a sink in my room It doesn't really matter, would just make things a little easier..

ReputationRep:
    Have you never gone for a wee in the toilets at a shopping centre, a pub, your friends house?
    Hey come on now, we all know it's not quite that straightforward. We're talking about sharing bathrooms with 18 year olds, fresh from the confines and restrictions at home, looking forward to getting completely plastered. We're not talking about going for a quick wee whilst out shopping.

That's my issue with it, anyway. The 'nightmare' scenario of having to cleanup someone else's projectile vomitting just to use the loo when you yourself never let yourself get quite so wasted.

Over genaralisations to be sure, but it does happen. Come 2nd year you will know your potential flatmates and probably share similar ideals about a clean bathroom!

You can live in the privately owned halls however long you want!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in a shared bathroom for my 1st year.
    I'll probably have to move out into private houses for 2nd year where I'll have to share a bathroom anyway...might as well get used to it now

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.