Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've sold stuff on eBay and have received emails saying people have paid for the items but the money isn't in my bank account and its been like over a week. I dunno what to do about it. On the transactions section on my paypal account it says it is ' completed ' but then a few days ago I received an email from paypal saying one of my payments had been cancelled cause I didn't confirm it or something and then they told me to upgrade to a business account ?! The money for postage has been taken out of my bank account through paypal but i haven't received the money from my buyers on eBay even though they have paid ?!!!

anyone have any ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I've sold stuff on eBay and have received emails saying people have paid for the items but the money isn't in my bank account and its been like over a week. I dunno what to do about it. On the transactions section on my paypal account it says it is ' completed ' but then a few days ago I received an email from paypal saying one of my payments had been cancelled cause I didn't confirm it or something and then they told me to upgrade to a business account ?! The money for postage has been taken out of my bank account through paypal but i haven't received the money from my buyers on eBay even though they have paid ?!!!

anyone have any ideas
    It's best if you log in to paypal and give them a call.
    • Very Important Poster

also have a o on the ebya forums, they have many experienced sellers who cna put you right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    It's best if you log in to paypal and give them a call.
    Well turns out one of the emails I had to confirm my account so I tapped on this link and then a few mins later the money was all magically in my account and I've managed to withdraw it now so it should be in my bank soon ! £22 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    also have a o on the ebya forums, they have many experienced sellers who cna put you right.
    I've got my money now !

ReputationRep:
    Well turns out one of the emails I had to confirm my account so I tapped on this link and then a few mins later the money was all magically in my account and I've managed to withdraw it now so it should be in my bank soon ! £22 lol
    Great

ReputationRep:

anyone have any ideas
    If your account is less than 6 months old, or you don't have good feedback, or you don't have a certain amount of feedback and you sell something on eBay paypal holds your money for a small amount of time until the seller gets their items and you get the money after the seller leaves positive feedback or if the seller doesn't make any complaints then you get the money. It's just a standard security process and makes things easier on the whole so paypal don't need to reimburse the seller in case the item is faulty/broken/not to the standards.

I have no idea about the payment cancellation though so you should phone paypal and ask for some clarity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Great
    Thanks hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    If your account is less than 6 months old, or you don't have good feedback, or you don't have a certain amount of feedback and you sell something on eBay paypal holds your money for a small amount of time until the seller gets their items and you get the money after the seller leaves positive feedback or if the seller doesn't make any complaints then you get the money. It's just a standard security process and makes things easier on the whole so paypal don't need to reimburse the seller in case the item is faulty/broken/not to the standards.

I have no idea about the payment cancellation though so you should phone paypal and ask for some clarity.
    Don't worry, I now have my money but thanks for the indepth advice !!

ReputationRep:
    It's in PayPal, it's not gonna go to your bank account unless you go to PayPal and withdraw it

Posted from TSR Mobile

anyone have any ideas
    Unless you have had a certain number of successful selling transactions via eBay (I forget the exact number but I think it's between 30 and 40) the funds will be pending in your PayPal account for up to 30 days (though it's usually less than this) for security reasons. It is so frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Unless you have had a certain number of successful selling transactions via eBay (I forget the exact number but I think it's between 30 and 40) the funds will be pending in your PayPal account for up to 30 days (though it's usually less than this) for security reasons. It is so frustrating.
    I just had to confirm my account basically and then they gave me the money so it's all sorted now !

ReputationRep:
    I just had to confirm my account basically and then they gave me the money so it's all sorted now !
    asking on tsr about £22 wow. I once got stung for over £1000.

I never got my money back though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    asking on tsr about £22 wow. I once got stung for over £1000.

I never got my money back though.
    Ah well sorry but for me I still think that's a reasonable amount of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    It's in PayPal, it's not gonna go to your bank account unless you go to PayPal and withdraw it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you,

I have now withdrawn the funds from my PayPal account

Glad you got your money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Glad you got your money!
    Thanks cause I was getting worried that I had got rid of all my maths textbooks for free ! Scary thought !

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.