Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is a sufficient amount of time (days) to go on holiday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was planning to go on holiday towards the end of July for just over 3 weeks. I feel that this is too short but I have no choice.

What would you say a sufficient amount of time to go on holiday is?

ReputationRep:
    I think three week is plenty! I am only going for 10 days and that seems fine to me As long as you make the most of everyday it will be perfect!

(Original post by timokane5)
    Hi,

I was planning to go on holiday towards the end of July for just over 3 weeks. I feel that this is too short but I have no choice.

What would you say a sufficient amount of time to go on holiday is?
    I have never been away on a holiday longer than a week, so I would say that if anything 3 weeks is extraordinarily long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JEG666)
    I think three week is plenty! I am only going for 10 days and that seems fine to me As long as you make the most of everyday it will be perfect!
    Thanks . Maybe I am overthinking it too much!

I have a lot of family abroad - probably why. But then again, they have work and what not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I have never been away on a holiday longer than a week, so I would say that if anything 3 weeks is extraordinarily long.
    Really? I thought 3 weeks wasn't long enough.

I was planning to go for 4-5 weeks but hey, the longer you stay the more boring it gets I guess

Really? I thought 3 weeks wasn't long enough.

I was planning to go for 4-5 weeks but hey, the longer you stay the more boring it gets I guess
    I would only consider going away for so long if I was incredibly wealthy, or I was going some where very far away like New Zealand, so that it wouldn't be worth going for a shorter duration. I'm sure you will find 3 weeks plenty.

ReputationRep:
    It depends where and why you're going! I went on a long holiday for a few weeks in cornwall, to relax and be with family. Later this year I'm going to Hong Kong, for 10 days, and I feel that that's plenty

ReputationRep:
    I would only consider going away for so long if I was incredibly wealthy, or I was going some where very far away like New Zealand, so that it wouldn't be worth going for a shorter duration. I'm sure you will find 3 weeks plenty.
    Yeah I guess your right.

It's just me being picky. I had a chance to go for a longer period of time in June but then I was stupid not to go then. Now I have a good chance but my family need me by 3 weeks time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    It depends where and why you're going! I went on a long holiday for a few weeks in cornwall, to relax and be with family. Later this year I'm going to Hong Kong, for 10 days, and I feel that that's plenty
    I'm going because the last time I saw my extended family - it was 8 years ago! I am going to celebrate my success in my studies and to enjoy myself

ReputationRep:
    I've been in new Zealand for 342 days so far and it still isn't enough time.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the type of holiday - for me 2 weeks on a beach holiday is slightly too long, but I went to South Africa going around the country with my school, and 11 days was just too short. it really depends

Yeah I guess your right.

It's just me being picky. I had a chance to go for a longer period of time in June but then I was stupid not to go then. Now I have a good chance but my family need me by 3 weeks time
    Well, I hope you have an amazing holiday regardless. I've not left England in 5 years so I'd do anything for just one of those 21 days!

(Original post by spanker)
    I've been in new Zealand for 342 days so far and it still isn't enough time.
    I'd love to go to NZ some day! You're very lucky

ReputationRep:
    Well, I hope you have an amazing holiday regardless. I've not left England in 5 years so I'd do anything for just one of those 21 days!

I'd love to go to NZ some day! You're very lucky
    Thanks,

Let the holiday season begin! Although, I had to fork out quite a lot of money it will be worth it

ReputationRep:
    I'm going because the last time I saw my extended family - it was 8 years ago! I am going to celebrate my success in my studies and to enjoy myself
    Wow, long time! Sounds like it will be good. I went to NY for a week, and whilst I was there time passed really slowly, it's only afterwards that it seems quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Wow, long time! Sounds like it will be good. I went to NY for a week, and whilst I was there time passed really slowly, it's only afterwards that it seems quick.
    I hope it is going to go well. Can already feel it now lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.