Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently stuck at the moment as I feel like I have only one chance to get this right e.g. pertaining to gaining a degree especially taking into account finance. Having successfully finished my Access to Nursing course I have opted to study Paramedic Science which is of career great interest with the notion of now going next year as I haven't obtained my driving license which is required. But up until this point I have always been more of a creative person having done art and media beforehand. Now I'm stuck in a rut should I go this year and try and get onto a Fashion Marketing degree or wait until next year and do Paramedic Science. Are there any mature students currently studying a fashion related course? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    On a Fashion Marketing degree, the emphasis will be on the marketing part, not the fashion. It won't be creative or arty. It will essentially be a business/marketing degree which is focussed on the fashion industry. Plus an Access to Nursing qualification certainly won't get you into a Fashion Marketing degree, so that change of direction would take you back to square one anyway.

Based only on what you've said, I'd focus on getting your licence for the paramedic degree, and try to find some hobby-level way of satisfying your creative drive. I know people who hold down full-time jobs but earn extra money as textile artists, printmakers etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eclecticfemale)
    Hi I'm currently stuck at the moment as I feel like I have only one chance to get this right e.g. pertaining to gaining a degree especially taking into account finance. Having successfully finished my Access to Nursing course I have opted to study Paramedic Science which is of career great interest with the notion of now going next year as I haven't obtained my driving license which is required. But up until this point I have always been more of a creative person having done art and media beforehand. Now I'm stuck in a rut should I go this year and try and get onto a Fashion Marketing degree or wait until next year and do Paramedic Science. Are there any mature students currently studying a fashion related course? Thanks x
    I'm going to be honest, studying to be a paramedic is difficult, academically of course but more emotionally. It takes commitment and it has to be what you want to do if you're going to make it to the end in one piece! So if you decide to go down that route, you have to be sure! I think that year off will be good for you to make sure you know what you want to do! Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eclecticfemale)
    Most unis require provisional B not full B ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.