Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i don't think I've done too well in the maths as exams this year but I'm really hoping i haven't got a U otherwise i can't continue the course (I'm planning to retake the course next year if i get below a C). I think i got roughly 30 marks in each paper (there being 3 papers in total) out of 75. i know it won't be a good grade but do you think it will be above a U?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivedonesobad)
    i don't think I've done too well in the maths as exams this year but I'm really hoping i haven't got a U otherwise i can't continue the course (I'm planning to retake the course next year if i get below a C). I think i got roughly 30 marks in each paper (there being 3 papers in total) out of 75. i know it won't be a good grade but do you think it will be above a U?
    30 out of 75 = 40 % of the available raw marks. That puts you on the E/U borderline and the outcome will depend on exact grade boundaries.
    If this is Edexcel then I think if you are a bit above 30 marks per paper you would get an E, if you have 30 or less then I'd expect a U.
    Think carefully about why your result is so modest and what you can do about it to decide if taking it again is worthwhile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.