Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Would anyone recommend bringing your own cooking equipment?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Depends what you had in mind and what your accommodation is. If its self catering then obviously yes.
    If the kitchen has cooking facilities, then yes.

Its unlikely to be provided for you, but you cna check.

If its self catering a microwave is handy as is a wok and if you wnat to get posh, then your own fridge or freezer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarlonField)
    Hello,

Would anyone recommend bringing your own cooking equipment?
    Hi!

If you're self-catered then you'll definitely want to bring some cooking equipment. I don't think any of the accommodation on campus provides you with it.

If you have breakfast & dinner included in catered accommodation then you probably won't need any, but I'd recommend some plates and cutlery etc in case you want a snack or you miss your meal times for whatever reason.

The other answer said bring your own fridge/freezer, but to have one in your room is actually against university policy and personally I don't think you'll need one (unless for medical reasons and then you can request one). There was more than enough room for us all and any problems e.g. someone using a lot of room were easily resolved by talking. Also, microwaves are provided everywhere (I think), so you won't need to bring one of your own. Though some flats don't get a toaster, but you can just chip in with everyone and get a cheap one if you want to.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by English-Student)
    Hi!

If you're self-catered then you'll definitely want to bring some cooking equipment. I don't think any of the accommodation on campus provides you with it.

If you have breakfast & dinner included in catered accommodation then you probably won't need any, but I'd recommend some plates and cutlery etc in case you want a snack or you miss your meal times for whatever reason.

The other answer said bring your own fridge/freezer, but to have one in your room is actually against university policy and personally I don't think you'll need one (unless for medical reasons and then you can request one). There was more than enough room for us all and any problems e.g. someone using a lot of room were easily resolved by talking. Also, microwaves are provided everywhere (I think), so you won't need to bring one of your own. Though some flats don't get a toaster, but you can just chip in with everyone and get a cheap one if you want to.
    It all depends what sort of accommodation and whether its private or not, hence he should check whats available. If ones already there, then all well and good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.