Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! im desperate for help!
    Basically i have lives in England all my life up until 2013 when i moved to Aberystwyth for my undergraduate course which ended in June this year. I have applied to do a masters at Chester starting in September. I currently still live in Aberystwyth as my tenancy doesn't end till December. Because im living in Wales would that mean i wont be eligible for the postgraduate loan now despite only moving here for the purpose of education? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I have rang student finance England and they basically told me to apply and wait and find out and then hung up?!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by loobyl1)
    Hello! im desperate for help!
    Basically i have lives in England all my life up until 2013 when i moved to Aberystwyth for my undergraduate course which ended in June this year. I have applied to do a masters at Chester starting in September. I currently still live in Aberystwyth as my tenancy doesn't end till December. Because im living in Wales would that mean i wont be eligible for the postgraduate loan now despite only moving here for the purpose of education? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I have rang student finance England and they basically told me to apply and wait and find out and then hung up?!
    you need to live in England to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    you need to live in England to get it.
    So it doesn't matter that I've lived in England all my life and only moved here for education? I'm only still here cause my tenancy doesn't end till December?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by loobyl1)
    So it doesn't matter that I've lived in England all my life and only moved here for education? I'm only still here cause my tenancy doesn't end till December?
    I m an english resident in sfe's eyes and i lived in wales for 18 years before that. I m afraid that's their logic really.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.