Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I would like to know if I could receive the first installment of the postgraduate loan in my home country's bank account, which has an iban feature. I ask you this, cause I need to pay for my tuition fees at uni registration and I won't have enough time to open a uk bank account.
    Thank you in advance for your answer!

Kind Regards,

Manos

ReputationRep:
    If you mean from student finance then they pay the tuition loan straight to the university after they confirm your attendance. None of it goes to your account. All your university can request from you is proof that you are getting it. Like the Payment Advice form they send with the confirmation letter of your entitlement

ReputationRep:
    No I mean the new postgraduate loans which have 10000 limit. I know that they are given to the students and not necessarily for the tuition fess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erether)
    No I mean the new postgraduate loans which have 10000 limit. I know that they are given to the students and not necessarily for the tuition fess.
    Well fact is, they can only send the money to you once you are registered on a course and they have confirmation. So you won't be able to pay on registration. I would contact the uni about that. Also most accommodation allows you to move in a week or so earlier to have time to settle in and a bank account can be set up in just an hour or so. They should be able to send it to your non uk account but I wouldn't recommend it if you can avoid it because it will be automatically exchanged to your bank currency and then you will have to exchange it back to pounds wasting a good chunk of that money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.