Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a mature student and I have recently done an Access course in HE and received two Distinctions and three Merits with level 2 Mathematics. I wonder if this is enough to get into university? Preferably Cumbria.

I do have 7 GCSE's grade A-C not including GCSE Mathematics (unfortunately) and one A level and two A's subjects from 10 years ago and CACHE Level 3 certificate at Grade A.

I feel really lost as it is so hard to get into university without GCSE Maths and I don't want to wait another year to get into university as I have waited long enough and I believe I am ready for university and work on my career plans.

Is anyone in a similar or have ever been in a similar situation as me and if so what did you do and what advice can you give me?

Thank you in advance
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by stephaniem)
    Hi,

I am a mature student and I have recently done an Access course in HE and received two Distinctions and three Merits with level 2 Mathematics. I wonder if this is enough to get into university? Preferably Cumbria.

I do have 7 GCSE's grade A-C not including GCSE Mathematics (unfortunately) and one A level and two A's subjects from 10 years ago and CACHE Level 3 certificate at Grade A.

I feel really lost as it is so hard to get into university without GCSE Maths and I don't want to wait another year to get into university as I have waited long enough and I believe I am ready for university and work on my career plans.

Is anyone in a similar or have ever been in a similar situation as me and if so what did you do and what advice can you give me?

Thank you in advance
    Nobody here can answer this question, you need to ask the university what their policy on Access courses and math equivalents is. Have you applied to university this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi no they do not accept equivalents it must be gcse grade c or above in maths and English, I was in the same situation. Edge hill accept level2 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Nobody here can answer this question, you need to ask the university what their policy on Access courses and math equivalents is. Have you applied to university this year?
    Thank you for your help and yes I have but no luck, still waiting on clearing. I get my GCSE Maths grade in 2 days so I'll know then what to do after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sc1988)
    Hi no they do not accept equivalents it must be gcse grade c or above in maths and English, I was in the same situation. Edge hill accept level2 though
    Hi,

Thank you for your help, I'm waiting for my GCSE Maths grade which I'll get in 2 days so hopefully I'll know what to do then. It just seems so late getting it and trying to get into clearing for September this year, I wonder if I get a place in clearing if I could defer it for March 2017 as Bursaries doesn't end till the 1 August 2017. I'll have to find out.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.