Turn on thread page Beta

Get me home! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am lost somewhere in the world and I need your help to get me home.

Each person may post one question or one action per update.

Questions must be in a yes or no format and can't be used to systematically narrow down my location - I'll use my own discretion for this. Otherwise, be as inventive as you like.

Actions must be as specific as possible and are used to get me back home. The game ends when I am in the United Kingdom and at a location with a bed. You can't just get me to board a bus to London however, you have to be more specific with relation to the information you already know (i.e. walk north until you reach a town, or board a bus to the nearest city). Again, be inventive.

You're aiming for the least number of questions/actions to get me back home. When you've succeeded, I'll get myself lost somewhere else and see if you can beat your time!

Not sure how well this is going to work, so bear with it and I'll make up rules as we go along.

Rules:
    - I'm afraid of airplanes so can't fly - very small flights may be OK
    - I can't just board a train and shout "onward to Paris" - I need to have some idea of where I want to go and there has to actually be a train that does that journey

ReputationRep:
    Right now, is it dark outside?

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind I'm not actually in this location (so my ability to answer these kind of questions is limited).

I would say that it is not dark outside right now.

ReputationRep:
    Is it hot outside?
    Are you in a town?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Is it hot outside?
    Are you in a town?

One question at a time (well, perhaps not if not many people want to play).
    Yes. it is reasonably hot.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the nearest road and try and stop a vehicle.

ReputationRep:
    Is the English alphabet predominant in this country, or is the local language centred around a different alphabet?

ReputationRep:
    Go to the nearest road and try and stop a vehicle.

I walked to the nearest road and waved my arms wildly, giving my best impression of a GTA gangster type fellow. The driver shouted something in a language I don't understand and sped on by.

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Is the English alphabet predominant in this country, or is the local language centred around a different alphabet?
    Yes, it utilises the English (Latin) alphabet, though does not use it precisely as we do in England. The road signs are hard to read here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Sinnie_)
    I walked to the nearest road and waved my arms wildly, giving my best impression of a GTA gangster type fellow. The driver shouted something in a language I don't understand and sped on by.

Yes, it utilises the English (Latin) alphabet, though does not use it precisely as we do in England. The road signs are hard to read here
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Start walking

ReputationRep:

Is it a built-up area or more of an undeveloped area?

ReputationRep:
    You are in America, where people say howdy folks and drink liquor until they get liver disease.

ReputationRep:
    where is your home? the title says get me home.

ReputationRep:

You have made the foolish mistake of travelling to Wales my friend. Try and find your way to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrn drobwllllantysiliogogogoch (yes that's a real place ad it's real name) and your way home from there is easy.

ReputationRep:
    Start walking
    Start walking which way?

(Original post by _gcx)
    Is it a built-up area or more of an undeveloped area?
    Not a yes or no question, but to save time, it's a pretty undeveloped area I'm in right now

(Original post by PHD2027)
    You are in America, where people say howdy folks and drink liquor until they get liver disease.
    Nope.

(Original post by PHD2027)
    where is your home? the title says get me home.
    First post - objective is to get me back on UK soil and to a nice warm bed - any will do (legally).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    You have made the foolish mistake of travelling to Wales my friend. Try and find your way to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrn drobwllllantysiliogogogoch (yes that's a real place ad it's real name) and your way home from there is easy.
    I have been there and seen the train station, but right now, I am not in Wales.

ReputationRep:
    I have been there and seen the train station, but right now, I am not in Wales.
    Well if you took the train outta there you should be able to take it back Then spend the 20 minutes actually saying where it is you want to go to the ticket person.

ReputationRep:
    I fear that a train to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrn drobwllllantysiliogogogoch would take a rather long time and I appear to have misplaced the local train station right now. Perhaps you could help me find it?

ReputationRep:
    I feat that a train to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrn drobwllllantysiliogogogoch would take a rather long time and I appear to have misplaced the local train station right now. Perhaps you could help me find it?
    Are you able to walk to the nearest shop and buy a map? Or do you not have any money on you (does that count as another question?? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rleah1998)
    Are you able to walk to the nearest shop and buy a map? Or do you not have any money on you (does that count as another question?? )
    I have infinite funds and resources. However, purchasing a map would be difficult stood on the side of the road waving my arms wildly, with no shops nearby and where I do not speak the language - plus, where is your adventurers spirit?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.