Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Story: My wireless mouse had gotten to the point that batteries in it only lasted a week or so. I want to keep the wirelessness, but I wanted to not have to buy batteries anymore. I was wandering through the computer section of the store and I stumbled upon a wireless, rechargeable mouse. So far the only hitch has been that I stupidly did not charge the initial set of batteries enough, so they would only last a few hours on a charge. $5 for a new set of 900 mAh NiMH AAA batteries later, and I'm in love :love:

coolest thing I've ever seen :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, cooler than that would be a design that charged the batteries from the energy transferred from your hand moving the mouse.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, wireless rechargable (with docking station) mice are the way forward! I've got one as part of a Logitech wireless desktop combo, and love it!

ReputationRep:
    ......its a mouse............

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Yep, wireless rechargable (with docking station) mice are the way forward! I've got one as part of a Logitech wireless desktop combo, and love it!
    Am i the only one whos happy with a wired mouse anymore? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harv616)

no wire + no changing batteries = :cool:

edit: yes you are :p:

ReputationRep:
    my wireless mouse doesn't have a charger Though it does have an average battery life of 2 months, and can run on 1 battery if necessary. So it doesn;t exactly chew through batteries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISH)
    no wire + no changing batteries = :cool:

edit: yes you are :p:
    Pfffff i'll stick to my Logitech Click Optical thank you very much ...i might have worn it down in a few places tho....

ReputationRep:
    haha loser :p:

kidding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harv616)

Nah, me too. The way I see it is, if I am far enough away from the computer to need it wireless then I am too far to actually use it.

ReputationRep:
    My Microsoft Laser 6000 has a 6 month battery life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessyfencer)
    Nah, me too. The way I see it is, if I am far enough away from the computer to need it wireless then I am too far to actually use it.

I spent £50 on my LAZZZZZZZZZZER mouse. The Wireless version was £20 more but I decided against it as I get a lot of nephews using my comp so it would probably get lost.

WRT to your point I often watch movies in my bed and it owuld be handy to have a wireless mouse as u can pause/reduce volue with it like a remote control.

ReputationRep:
    wireless is a good thing for me because my desk is built in, and the hole for wires is on my left side. I'm right handed. It looks neater too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    I spent £50 on my LAZZZZZZZZZZER mouse. The Wireless version was £20 more but I decided against it as I get a lot of nephews using my comp so it would probably get lost.

WRT to your point I often watch movies in my bed and it owuld be handy to have a wireless mouse as u can pause/reduce volue with it like a remote control.
    I have XP Media Centre so can use an actual remote.

ReputationRep:
    i have a wireless kb/mouse set because i multitask on my desk and being able to tuck the kb/mouse away and then put them back on my desk is wonderful. I have a media remote for watching movies and stuff, though.

ReputationRep:
    i have MCE as well but all my videos are played in Media Player Classic

I spose I could buy a control - but then i would have to whack on MCE to watch my movies- just makes it a lot more of a pain.

Can i get a control for Media player classic i wonder? (or make the MCE control work with it)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    $5 !! $20 !! BARGAIN...

oh, and my mouse says hey...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessyfencer)
    Hmmm, cooler than that would be a design that charged the batteries from the energy transferred from your hand moving the mouse.
    frickin genius!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olileauk)
    i have a wireless kb/mouse set because i multitask on my desk and being able to tuck the kb/mouse away and then put them back on my desk is wonderful. I have a media remote for watching movies and stuff, though.
    It makes no difference between a conventional set of wired keyboard + mouse, you just pull the cable, although that would be only a slight hassle.

ReputationRep:
    I spent £50 on a Logitech MX Revolution. It totally rocks. Well, it did, until I lost the receiver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    frickin genius!
    I thank you

Hmm... maybe I should've kept that idea to myself.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.