Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Having one of those days where I feel like all of my friends are prettier than me Watch

ReputationRep:
    Having one of those days where I feel like all of my friends are prettier than me and not really too sure how to deal with it. I know I'm not ugly and I do feel pretty sometimes, just would love to know if other people get these days/how to deal with it

ReputationRep:
    i have been living like that all my life.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the unattractive club
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've felt like that all my life. All my other girl friends seem to be thinner, happier, taller than me. It doesn't get me down as much as it did when I was a teen. You have to find ways of becoming comfortable in your own skin and remembering that looks are only skin deep.

I've improved that a little but could do with giving myself that lecture again occasionally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being the shortest out of all my friends, I've always felt like a dwarf or something next to them. But, rather than be unhappy about this, I am glad that I am surrounded by beautiful people.

But I understand that i's really easy to forget your positive traits or your amazing features when you are overwhelmed by those of others. Just try not to forget that you are beautiful in your own way too, and that beauty is literally only SKIN DEEP. Try to focus yourself on the good stuff in your personality.

:hugs: Story of my life. Just teach yourself to pretend you're as pretty as them. Pretending that I'm prettier than I am really helps me.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is beautiful in their own way

ReputationRep:
    If your parents/siblings were ugly would you love them any less? No right. this is why I never understand why people think looks are the be all and end all. sure society sure loves to judge us by our looks but its not really something we should obsessed over. firstly its pointless, we can't change how we look. we should just accept it and learn how to impress the world with who we are, not how we look...

i know that sounds weird but i hope it helps.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.