The Student Room Group

Does anyone else find pugs repulsive?

Why do so many people think they're cute? they're creepy looking and freak me out.

Scroll to see replies

no wtf you're repulsive
Reply 2
Original post by defenestrated
no wtf you're repulsive

Well, I could be repulsive as well. No contradiction there.

Pugs still look disgusting.
Well… no. :/
Reply 4
Saw one today. Grunting and wheezing. Usually pretty good-natured dogs though.

They are just basically a fashion accessory that shouldn't even exist.
I don't find them 'repulsive', but I do personally fail to see the appeal of owning them/things like t-shirts with pugs on them (that may be because I've got a fear of dogs though). Everyone likes different things of course, that's just my opinion :smile:
Reply 6
nah they're cute
Reply 7
I find their existence sickening because they've been ****ed up so much by humans' "experiments" on them. I can't help but take pity in the fact that they and many other messed up breeds are even alive :frown:

And it just angers me because people say "but der so qt" without realising how ****ed they are:

The Pug is another extreme brachycephalic breed and it has all the problems associated with that trait high blood pressure, heart problems, low oxygenation, difficulty breathing, tendency to overheat, dentition problems, and skin fold dermatitis. The highly desirable double-curl tail is actually a genetic defect, in more serious forms it leads to paralysis.
Reply 8
Original post by Leviathan1741
I don't find them 'repulsive', but I do personally fail to see the appeal of owning them/things like t-shirts with pugs on them (that may be because I've got a fear of dogs though). Everyone likes different things of course, that's just my opinion :smile:

I love dogs but those things aren't dogs. They're like mini satans with hypertension.
Chihuahua master race :yep:
Original post by Inexorably
I find their existence sickening because they've been ****ed up so much by humans' "experiments" on them. I can't help but take pity in the fact that they and many other messed up breeds are even alive :frown:

And it just angers me because people say "but der so qt" without realising how ****ed they are:

Thank you!
Pugs and every other brachycephalic breed should not exist, people only think they are 'cute' because of their flat faces and wide foreheads akin to that as a baby.

Common defects include their eyes falling out because their sockets are too shallow, soft pallets dangling into their throat, sleep apnea, curved spines (breeding for a screw tail causes this), slipped knee caps and many many more.

http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.co.uk/ :h:

^^^ same amount of teeth as a normal dog just in a non-existent face

I dont hate pugs i hate the breeders that created that monstrosity
Reply 11
Original post by Inexorably

well I know how ****ed they are, and would prefer they had not been bred into existence, but they still look cute...
I love pugs
Reply 13
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
well I know how ****ed they are, and would prefer they had not been bred into existence, but they still look cute...

Cute:

Hypertensive Lucifer:
Reply 14
omg yes they look so nasty with all those skin folds

Spoiler

Reply 15
Original post by goam
omg yes they look so nasty with all those skin folds

Spoiler

It's not just their skin folds. It's their eyes! they're popping out as if their skull can no longer contain them and they'll explode at any time. Creepy.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

each to their own, but because i have the knowledge of how messed up they are it just overrides how cute i find them.
I find them adorable but my sister finds them really ugly :colondollar:

I shall now create a saying that shall make people feel better about themselves.

Spoiler

I have a cat and a dog
:emo:

Quick Reply

Latest