• Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Shado123)
    Hello,
    ive applied for student finance under the long residency criteria;
    and everything else has been sorted apart from they are requesting me to show proof of residency from 03/11/2006 to present,
    so far i have given them everything from 20/11/2006 till present,
    they are now requesting residency evidence from the 03/11/2006 till 20/11/2006,
    i have next to no evidence for these dates as i was around 9/10 years old with nothing to my name, and my parents werent receiving and benefit or child benefits for me.
    i came into the country in 2004 and i am 19 so i DEFINITELY am eligible under the half life criteria, but i don't know what i can give them.
    WHAT DO I DO?
    Where you registered at a school or gp in the uk at that point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Where you registered at a school or gp in the uk at that point?
    Im not sure about gp, but i wasnt registered with a school at that point no!
    Why do student finance request things that are impossible to obtain at that age!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Im not sure about gp, but i wasnt registered with a school at that point no!
    Why do student finance request things that are impossible to obtain at that age!
    If you were registered anywhere official then you could get a letter from them, did your parents get benefits in your name at that point? Their just quite strict on making sure people are entitled to it.

ReputationRep:
    If you were registered anywhere official then you could get a letter from them, did your parents get benefits in your name at that point? Their just quite strict on making sure people are entitled to it.
    No we werent unfortunately, and they didnt claim anything at this point!
    If i was to get school confirmation letters that i attended school before these periods ie 2005 - summer 2006 , and an explanation as to why i dont havent any residency evidence for these dates as we were between houses, would that be fine?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    No we werent unfortunately, and they didnt claim anything at this point!
    If i was to get school confirmation letters that i attended school before these periods ie 2005 - summer 2006 , and an explanation as to why i dont havent any residency evidence for these dates as we were between houses, would that be fine?
    Best to call them and ask.

ReputationRep:
    Best to call them and ask.
    I was wondering, if i send them school comfirmation letters Prior to these dates, and my native country passports with only one stamp on which is date of my entry, and also took it to the appeal stage! What would my chances of being accepted be?
    I literally have no evidence for these two weeks and its be a shame if that is what stops me from attending university
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I was wondering, if i send them school comfirmation letters Prior to these dates, and my native country passports with only one stamp on which is date of my entry, and also took it to the appeal stage! What would my chances of being accepted be?
    I literally have no evidence for these two weeks and its be a shame if that is what stops me from attending university
    You can but try but I couldn't tell you what the chances are sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Ive just realised that i was registered at a gp on the date needed. But they do not accept gp letters as they can be easily constructed, would medical records showing gps registered at be sufficient?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ive just realised that i was registered at a gp on the date needed. But they do not accept gp letters as they can be easily constructed, would medical records showing gps registered at be sufficient?
    You'll have to ask sfe.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to ask sfe.
    They have said that they wont accept it as gp letters can easily be forged, but the gp is the only thing i was registered with at the date requested

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.