Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Got a bit of a problem with my '95 Peugeot 306. Thought I'd ask here before going and signing up to a Peugeot forum. For the record I do a lot of motorway driving.

The problem started a few hundred miles back when I did a long motorway drive, I could hear a slight high pitched hum/squealing noise coming from the front of the car somewhere when travelling at speed (50-70ish), but only when I lifted off the throttle or put down the clutch. It is also happeneing when the throttle is slightly depressed.

This has got slightly louder over the last few hundred miles. When travelling at very low speed (<5mph ish) with the clutch down I can also hear a very slight rubbing/grinding noice.

I've got it booked into the garage for Thursday morning, but was wondering if anyone could give me an indication of what this is likely to be?

Cheers for your help!

ReputationRep:
    I'm no mechanic but the high-pitched noise may be a loose fanbelt or squeaky accelerator cable. The grinding noise could mean your wishbones need replacing or the wheels need rebalancing. As I say though I'm no expert, you'll have to wait til thursday for that.
    petrolhead

ReputationRep:
    Dont know the prblem but get over to the 306 forums and you'll have an answer in minutes.

pug306.net

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.