Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my bestfriend is driving me crazy...why do girls have to be so complicated? i know it's stupid saying that seeing as i myself am a girl but it just drives me insane. now i know why guys leave their girlfriends.

1)she complains when i spend time with other people, especially now that she's goin on holiday in a few days and will be gone for a good 2 months.
    2)apparently, we dont spend enough time with each other. fyi, my mom has practically adopted her as she is over at my house more often than she is at hers, and as a result calls my mom...well,mom.
    3)she's indecisive to the point that she had to ask me what colour ipod to choose and made me run to the store and buy it. normally its ok, it just means i get to decide what i want to do or where to eat, stuff like that. the only thing that bugs me is how everything she does tells me that she doenst like my decision but the lies through her teeth saying it's ok. i'd rather she tell me stuff tbh.
    4)im a pretty outgoing person so i happen to have several circles of friends. the only thing is she insists on knowing every single on of them, at least my close friends and then she talks to them about me and makes fun of me but in a nasty way. she insists on telling them anything that can humiliate me, luckily they dont belive her all that much. i dont really know her other friends that well as she doesnt talk about them but when i do meet them i do get along with them but not like what she does. also, she always makes such a big deal when i meet new people and nags about how im replacing her. she says she's just joking but she does constantly for days on end.
    5)the final straw and what irks me most about her is how she'd organise night outs. she'd ask me if i want to bring someone along. in the event i say yes she'll call other people to go with and leave me at home. if i dont take anyone with me she says it's because i dont want to go out and we might as well cancel because 'my heart's not in it' even though i know it is.

i really just try and take it and not say anything as im carefree anyways. when she does something i just forget about it and move on. but lately i just cant take it. i dont know if im just being overlysensitive and making something out of nothing. it's not like i can just ditch her as she is like family. i've tried talking to her once but she didnt want to take what i said at face value and insisted there was a subtext. there wasn't i was as straightforward as this post. the thing is,im actually getting depressed about this. anyways, rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what your friend needs, a boyfriend. Two people can't spend all the time together. My friend the other day told me that we've grown tired of each others company. Yeah it was a weird conversation. I didn't take it personally though.

ReputationRep:
    r u sure u wanna be her friend if she annoys u that much!!!

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: to cloudy91 My best friend and I were very very close more like sisters :p: A few years ago.
    But we both ended up getting boyfriends which was good because we did both admit to each other in the end we were to close for our own good half the time.:p:
    I mean we aree still close now she still has a boyfriend but if they split up which I doubt seeing as they are very strong, I doubt we'd become really close again we've kinda changed in the 5 years we've been best friends.
    However we do still have our nights out with other friends.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that sounds like the old best friend I used to have years ago! I know how it feels and it hurts. To me, it seems like she's manipulating you and taking advantage, I mean everyone you meet, she wants know them, yet she wont even talk about her own friends, it's so unfair! And when you told her how she felt, she didn't take it in. Sorry to be harsh, but I don't think she's a best friend.

Seeing as she's away for 2 months, I say make the most of your other friends, because you could be a whole lot happier with them than her, after all they don't believe the stuff she says about you. Also, seeing as you're going to uni, is there any chance that she won't be going to the same uni as you? If she isn't then you can move on and not worry about her.

Sorry if I came across as harsh. I wish you the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys...i didnt want to admit it to myself but im looking forward to her being away and as she will be overseas, i really wont get to talk to her. recently i've been so excited about going to uni and i couldnt accept the fact that it's partly cos i'll be away from her.funnily enuff, i've been pushing her toward this guy she really likes in hopes that she'd get together with him and give me a break. i just think im so mean to be thinking all these stuff.

i've only ever had one fight with her and that was when she tried messing things up with this guy and me. i went mental cos i felt she was being too possesive and wouldnt admit it. she apologised but insisted she only did it for a joke....i ended up feeling guilty and had to apologise to her for my actions.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.