Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So it's now just over a month until freshers (for me at least) and I feel so unprepared. I'm moving from abroad and don't know when I'm gonna move in let alone when I should book flights or getting rid of stuff (I live Alone so have to move out completely and get rid of lots!). Nor have the uni really said much about my occupational health (whilst my offer is unconditional occupational health pass is a condition). It's my second time going to uni and I swear I was really organised by this point!! How ready is everyone else??
    Hopefully it's not just me feeling like I have everything still to do!! 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, I'm still not ready actually, there's me casually chilling on holiday haven't even packed anything and I'm still waiting for the results to come in. Uni is literally around the corner :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm mostly ready for University, got my grades and my offer is now unconditional. I've got my University flat and move in on the 17th of September. Got nearly everything bought but got a few more things I need to buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzieTwoShoes)
    I'm mostly ready for University, got my grades and my offer is now unconditional. I've got my University flat and move in on the 17th of September. Got nearly everything bought but got a few more things I need to buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heyy what kind of things are you planning to take with you, I'm a bit stuck for what to take and how everything will fit in one suitcase

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What happens on the first day of uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    What happens on the first day of uni?
    Everyone gets drunk and has sex with everyone
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Lol, I'll start getting ready the day before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be ready when I know I've actually got into a uni but for now I'm trying not to think about it

ReputationRep:
    I still got too much to do. Really unprepared and slightly anxious. Still need accomodation and anything that goes with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Lol, I'll start getting ready the day before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh like trying to picture myself at uni now and it just seems like so far away still and I haven't even got my results yet so god knows I might not even be going to a uni lol but Yh like yourself I do magically get into uni then it will probably only hit me the day before when I'll be sleeping in my bed for the last time for a few months; I'm really gonna miss my bed TBH

ReputationRep:
    Not ready at all tbh. Just worrying about grades atm, considering I need AAA, but I'm aiming for A*AA.
    Just worried about the social aspect. Drinking and clubbing do not go well with me. I get headaches really easily with alcohol, and somehow got a hangover 3 weeks ago after only 3 drinks. Clubbing - last time I went, I pulled a muscle and was in pain for the next 3 days.

Yeah...
    Also, I will seriously miss my home. It's a mansion compared to student accommodation

ReputationRep:
    I'm going through clearing so I'm not prepared. Stupid question but do we need pots and pans, cutlery etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagio)
    So it's now just over a month until freshers (for me at least) and I feel so unprepared. I'm moving from abroad and don't know when I'm gonna move in let alone when I should book flights or getting rid of stuff (I live Alone so have to move out completely and get rid of lots!). Nor have the uni really said much about my occupational health (whilst my offer is unconditional occupational health pass is a condition). It's my second time going to uni and I swear I was really organised by this point!! How ready is everyone else??
    Hopefully it's not just me feeling like I have everything still to do!! 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what uni are you going to and what course are you gonna be studying? I'm going to be in year 11 in september but I want to go to uni so bad.

ReputationRep:
    My University is only 2 hours away so I'm gonna be taking quite a bit with me.

Kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, bedding, quilt/pillows etc, TV, Xbox, DVDs, plush/figures, clothes, stationary stuff, posters, lamp, clock, week worth of food/hygiene and cleaning items etc.

If you only have a suit case spare then I'd suggest bringing just clothes, your favourite gadgets etc and any items that remind you of home. As everything else can pretty much be bought at shops near the University.

These few weeks need to hurry up, I wanna start already!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you will, I'd suggest getting just a decent sauce pan and frying pan and you'll be set for the year. Also if you only get 1 or 2 plates/bowls, it'll make sure you keep up with regularly washing stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, I've been waiting for my offer to go unconditional for two weeks and still no message from the uni. They don't even reply to my emails.

ReputationRep:

Kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, bedding, quilt/pillows etc, TV, Xbox, DVDs, plush/figures, clothes, stationary stuff, posters, lamp, clock, week worth of food/hygiene and cleaning items etc.

If you only have a suit case spare then I'd suggest bringing just clothes, your favourite gadgets etc and any items that remind you of home. As everything else can pretty much be bought at shops near the University.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome yeah thanks I think I might only be taking a suitcase tbh so that's a good idea buying everything there. Just hope the shops have what I need though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    Not ready at all tbh. Just worrying about grades atm, considering I need AAA, but I'm aiming for A*AA.
    Just worried about the social aspect. Drinking and clubbing do not go well with me. I get headaches really easily with alcohol, and somehow got a hangover 3 weeks ago after only 3 drinks. Clubbing - last time I went, I pulled a muscle and was in pain for the next 3 days.

Yeah...
    Also, I will seriously miss my home. It's a mansion compared to student accommodation
    I'm also hoping for A*AA but my offers are AAA/A*AB so don't care too much as long as I get in. I'm also not a fan of alcohol and have never been to a ' club ' so I'm slightly scared as I don't know what being drunk is like and don't want people thinking I'm weird for not enjoying alcohol as much as a uni student typically does and yeh I'm so worried about leaving my home cause my parents do everything for me and I don't know how to do anything like iron, use a washing machine, ect ect so I'm gonna struggle but at least I've gone for catered accomdation so I don't have to worry about using cookers and washing up till my second year haha

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha oh wow you're basically dragging your bedroom with you to uni; I'm planning on bringing 2 weeks worth of clothes, toiletries and nothing else lol ; gonna buy a bedding pack when I get there and stationary and all the other bits and bobs; my parents don't drive so I'm gonna travel light but am considering getting a massive box delivered containing all my other stuff hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'm also hoping for A*AA but my offers are AAA/A*AB so don't care too much as long as I get in. I'm also not a fan of alcohol and have never been to a ' club ' so I'm slightly scared as I don't know what being drunk is like and don't want people thinking I'm weird for not enjoying alcohol as much as a uni student typically does and yeh I'm so worried about leaving my home cause my parents do everything for me and I don't know how to do anything like iron, use a washing machine, ect ect so I'm gonna struggle but at least I've gone for catered accomdation so I don't have to worry about using cookers and washing up till my second year haha
    Haha. I remember that weird offer with Manchester.

Eh, clubs are nothing special. Loads of people dancing to really loud music pretty much. By the time you get out, you'll be deaf, like you won't be able to hear anyone (so you communicate by shouting and look weird).

I wonder if universities have a vacuum cleaner and ironing boards at student accommodation. I don't want to bring a dyson...

GL, I've gone for self-catered. However, I can cook decently. Can't cook steaks and that, but pasta = .

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.