The Student Room Group

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jas1947
Please attempt just question 8

It's pretty straight forward but before I give you my working out, I'd like to see you try and achieve the answer.

Hint:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
I got something slightly different... Are your ratios correct? Or is my method flawed somehow? On one hand I want to say you're correct simply due to the nice answer but on the other I am right because it's cambridge. xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Triangles are Homothetic find the scale factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think you're right. Late at night and my brain doesn't work so well, I took the x-4 as the entire side for some reason >_>

Your method is correct.
Original post by Jas1947
Please attempt just question 8

Uploading correct working out for OP. Cheeky Cambridge people must've put that option solely due to my mistake lol. Note to self: dont do triangles at night :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469571246.270045.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
This is from a cambridge admissions assesment, should i be worried? I think with practice I can get a decent score....
Reply 8
Original post by RDKGames
Uploading correct working out for OP. Cheeky Cambridge people must've put that option solely due to my mistake lol. Note to self: dont do triangles at night :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469571246.270045.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! It seems so obvious now i dont know why i couldnt see it before , thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest