Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys,

I don't understand why everyone seems to be buying tickets to freshers events when a) you don't even know if you're going to the uni yet and b) you don't know if you and your flatmates will definitely go

Don't get me wrong I want to go to all the events just don't understand why tickets are being bought now?

A lot of these freshers events are private promotions and not affiliated to the union or university. They produce a lot of hype and "Limited tickets" on facebook to make people want to go.

a. Some people already know if they're going because they had unconditional offers, are going after a gap year or took more coursework based courses like BTEC where they are graded throughout the year. Or are simply confident in their skills and can simply sell the tickets to someone else.
    b. Fresher's is generally a good time to meet people so even if the flatmates don't end up going it's a chance to meet other people. And some may just want to attend the events whether they have someone to go with or will go alone.

I never understood it either, I got all my tickets on freshers week, usually on the day. Loads of people end up reselling their ticket on the day/week when they realise the people they are going out with want to do something else. The tickets may sell out but you will pretty much always be able to get a ticket through other means.

It should be noted though that it could be cheaper to get tickets in advance, just a lot of hassle if you end up going somewhere else and find yourself trying to sell your ticket.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.