Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have an interview at John Lewis but it's for the concesson Ralph Lauren.

Has anyone had previous experience at John Lewis or Ralph Lauren interviews.
    Also, what would you actually wear to the interview? Would you go stylish or super smart?

Thanks🙃🙂

ReputationRep:
    go smart, if you're going for an decent clothing brand and can show a bit of appropriate style within being smart (e.g. a shirt that fits the style of the shop, an accessory that is the same style etc) then do that but I would go for appearing smart before you try and look fashionable

ReputationRep:
    John Lewis is a super conservative company.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Billyboy2016)
    Hi guys,

I have an interview at John Lewis but it's for the concesson Ralph Lauren.

Has anyone had previous experience at John Lewis or Ralph Lauren interviews.
    Also, what would you actually wear to the interview? Would you go stylish or super smart?

Thanks🙃🙂
    Maybe this can help you out - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...ons-E10179.htm
    Or this - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...RCH_KE0,12.htm

Sorry, it's the best I can do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    go smart, if you're going for an decent clothing brand and can show a bit of appropriate style within being smart (e.g. a shirt that fits the style of the shop, an accessory that is the same style etc) then do that but I would go for appearing smart before you try and look fashionable

Thanks for the prompt reply! I was thinking just wear a nice white Ralph Lauren shirt, blue skinny chinos and some nice tan brogues? And then maybe but a smart blazer, keeping it classy🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    John Lewis is a super conservative company.
    So true lol, need the job though! Hopefully my past experiences at primark and marks and Spencer's mean sometihing😂😏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Maybe this can help you out - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...ons-E10179.htm
    Or this - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...RCH_KE0,12.htm

Sorry, it's the best I can do!
    Thank you very much! I'm rather suprised I didn't come across these my self🙃🙂

ReputationRep:
    So true lol, need the job though! Hopefully my past experiences at primark and marks and Spencer's mean sometihing😂😏
    What i mean is the way you should dress. It's not really a place for looking like someone from a phone shop. The customers are generally older people. I'd just copy what the staff wear to a greater or lesser degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    What i mean is the way you should dress. It's not really a place for looking like someone from a phone shop. The customers are generally older people. I'd just copy what the staff wear to a greater or lesser degree.
    Sorry but which phone shop do shop with? I'm intrigued to find out who sells phones with Ralph Lauren shirts and brogues😂🙄

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but which phone shop do shop with? I'm intrigued to find out who sells phones with Ralph Lauren shirts and brogues😂🙄
    I was thinking more the cheap blue suit, lilac shirt and purple tie with a big knot

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the prompt reply! I was thinking just wear a nice white Ralph Lauren shirt, blue skinny chinos and some nice tan brogues? And then maybe but a smart blazer, keeping it classy🙂
    yeah if it'sall decent stuff and fits well thatshould be fine (I'd go for the blazer) - shows a bit of style but still looking smart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.