Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    A151 – VA141 (Voting Review) Repeal Amendment
    Proposed by: Peroxidation MP (UKIP)
    Seconded by: hazzer1998 MP (UKIP), TheDefiniteArticle MP (Soc), tyroncs MP (UKIP), Unown Uzer MP (UKIP)

Remove from the Guidance Document

MP Activity & Voting Reviews, 3.1a MP Seat Allocation

1) The Speaker shall allocate each MP a seat number.
    2) Party leaders have until the first Division Lobby results are announced at the start of a new term to change the seat number allocated to their MPs.
    3) The Speaker shall conduct voting reviews in accordance with the section above.
    4) MPs are not allowed to switch from one seat number to another seat number unless;
    a. a period of four weeks has passed
    b. the member is a proxy MP who has not been an MP for more than four consecutive weeks before becoming a proxy MP, unless a period of four weeks has passed since last serving as an MP for four consecutive weeks. For the purposes of this bill the election period does not count towards those four weeks of not being an MP.

Notes

The amendment did not work, the amendment has not been implemented in the way intended, is impractical, and slows the game down: it should be repealed.

ReputationRep:
    I am not a kipper.

ReputationRep:
    Also, Saracen's Fez, what happens if one amendment passes, then the other one, given both refer to a section of the GD which would no longer exist?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This amendment was written by me but because I am standing in the by-election I could not propose the amendment, Peroxidation's name is used to cover which she does not know about: direct questions to me.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I am not a kipper.
    You are now! :devil:

(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Also, Saracen's Fez, what happens if one amendment passes, then the other one, given both refer to a section of the GD which would no longer exist?
    An amendment that passed and referred to a bit of GD that had been removed in the meantime would have to be discarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    This amendment was written by me but because I am standing in the by-election I could not propose the amendment, Peroxidation's name is used to cover which he does not know about: direct questions to me.
    I support this but please let me know next time you use my name. By the way, I'm a woman.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    I support this but please let me know next time you use my name. By the way, I'm a woman.
    I shall try to, but I use any MP name I can think of to get around the requirement to have a list of seconders, however, the MPs can still argue debate against the amendment.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This amendment is in cessation.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This amendment has been withdrawn.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.