Turn on thread page Beta

i dont believe this... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i put a post on here a few weeks ago about the fact our school is going through the process of choosing a new uniform. I was one of the unfortunates who were asked to wear examples of the possible new uniform for the rest of the school to see.i got the most unbelievable option to wear - and they have chosen that one...i just can't believe it....i'm going to look like ruppert bear next year....and this is in upper 6th...

ReputationRep:
    You obviously managed to make a potentially awful uniform look good, be proud of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    You obviously managed to make a potentially awful uniform look good, be proud of yourself.
    ..yer....great - I just don't get how a sane (supposedly) person could make this choice...especially for 6th form.... if i had pictures i would show you what I mean...

ReputationRep:
    ok..well...there's nothing much you can do about it?

ReputationRep:
    Its only for 1 year, Im sure it wont be that bad

ReputationRep:
    What's it like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    What's it like?
    its a red / maroon blazer, yellow shirt, red/maroon stripy tie, grey box pleated skirt.

basically this but with a yellow shirt.
    http://www.banner-schoolwear.co.uk/brummel-blazers.html

the whole point of changing the uniform was apparently to have something more distinctive.....certainly done that...

old one is almost identical to the top one here again with a grey box pleated skirt - its a bit drab I suppose but its not bad...

http://www.banner-schoolwear.co.uk/d...supported.html

this is the link from the the email sent to us...

ReputationRep:
    Gutted. The uniform was one of the reasons I left my school to go to college instead of 6th form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    Gutted. The uniform was one of the reasons I left my school to go to college instead of 6th form.
    i wasnt all that bothered really - the old uniform is the same as the rest of the school so I have been wearing it since I was 11...but that new one is just for 6th form to make them more distinctive....I just can't believe it has been chosen. The other option was navy and blue and was still plain, but at least it wasnt a yellow shirt...*shakes head*

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad. I've seen much much worse (ie. brown blazer with pink stripe, brown and pink tie, pink shirt, brown skirt/trousers)

ReputationRep:
    Turn up in your old uniform, I dont know, just to look different,.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't worn uniform since primary school had just left year 11 and they brought it in in September. Thank god it looks awful.

ReputationRep:
    We didnt have uniform in 6th form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca2389)
    It's not that bad. I've seen much much worse (ie. brown blazer with pink stripe, brown and pink tie, pink shirt, brown skirt/trousers)
    ...that sounds awful....perhaps ours is not too bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    We didnt have uniform in 6th form
    Nor me!!

ReputationRep:
    I remember my old school changed the uniform e.g. white and orange checked shirts (vomit) as apparently the school shop wasnt making money from the sale of uniforms as people bought bits and pieces from elsewhere, and the girls were wearing inappropriate shirts...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.