Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Student Finance, UK 5 Year Residency Information Form Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hello There,

    I'm a mature european student( living and working in London since 10/2010 ).
    I have been asked to send to Student Finance England a UK 5 Year Residency Form and to enclosed a proof of 5 years residency from 11/2011 to 11/2016.
    Types of evidences can be:

    Council Tax ( as I rent a room in this address, all bills are included )

    Letter from your local council or housing association( The only letter I got is from Electoral Enrolment)

    Utility bills - Gas, electric, phone or water( as I rent a room in this address, all bills are included )

    Tax Return ( BINGO! I asked my accountant to provide me my Tax Return from 2011 to 2016. I sent to Student Finance and they said that wasn't original papers).

    I paid £198.00 to a registred accountant company for these documents and they said that was't originals?

    So, they asked me to send another proof of Residency like those mentioned above or a
    Original Bank Statement( During this time I have change from different banks twice and I had like a online bank statement. As I don't have access anymore, these banks want to charge ££££££ for my past statements)

    I my point of view they must accept my Tax Return as proof of evidence. Also, as they know my Passport Number, National Insurance, and UTR Number, they are totally capable to see where I've been all these years, and furthermore its not fair to expend more money on old bank statements if they already have a £198.00 worthing documents.

    Does anyone know what should I do or where can I find a Legal advice to help me in this matter?

    Kind Regards,


    Do you have P60s from the last 5 years?
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Do you have P60s from the last 5 years?
    No, I've been working as a self employed

    Hi Veronese

    If your tax return is not hand written and shows your name and address, we should be able to accept these.

    I would advise you to call and and the adviser can check if this has been accepted and if not why. The assessors will usually note the accounts.

Should schools shut at lunch to save money?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.