Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit worried that I'd be cutting it close when it comes to applying to the Tier 4 Visa coming from the US. Has anyone received anything about applying for accommodations in King's College in Cambridge for Graduate programs(or any college for that matter)?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by KrimsonKorra)
    I'm a bit worried that I'd be cutting it close when it comes to applying to the Tier 4 Visa coming from the US. Has anyone received anything about applying for accommodations in King's College in Cambridge (or any college for that matter)?
    For undergrad I take it? Some colleges ask for accommodation preferences before places are confirmed, others may wait until all places are confirmed and they know how many students they have. It is completely unrelated to your visa - visas are sorted by the University's International Students Team once your place to study (not necessarily your accommodation and exactly which room you'll be living in) is confirmed by the College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    For undergrad I take it? Some colleges ask for accommodation preferences before places are confirmed, others may wait until all places are confirmed and they know how many students they have. It is completely unrelated to your visa - visas are sorted by the University's International Students Team once your place to study (not necessarily your accommodation and exactly which room you'll be living in) is confirmed by the College.
    I should have been a bit more specific, I'm starting my MPhil in Linguistics this Fall. Not sure if there is a difference between Undergraduate and Graduate accommodations processing timeline. Thank you for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrimsonKorra)
    I should have been a bit more specific, I'm starting my MPhil in Linguistics this Fall. Not sure if there is a difference between Undergraduate and Graduate accommodations processing timeline. Thank you for the reply.
    It depends on colleges.
    Someone I know who were on a MPhil course didn't get to know about her accommodation until well into August.
    As Peterhouse Admissions said, whether you know about your accommodation or not would not affect your application for your visa as long as you have an official confirmation from your college on your offer. If you need to put an address of your residence on your application, you can just write down your college's address.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    It depends on colleges.
    Someone I know who were on a MPhil course didn't get to know about her accommodation until well into August.
    As Peterhouse Admissions said, whether you know about your accommodation or not would not affect your application for your visa as long as you have an official confirmation from your college on your offer. If you need to put an address of your residence on your application, you can just write down your college's address.
    Thank you so much, that's actually quite helpful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.