The Student Room Group

Guys help please urgently- ukcat rescheduling

Basically my test is booked for mid-August and I've got about 16 days left to revise and I DON'T FEEL READY AT ALL. I've only revised Verbal Reasoning - I've done a few mocks and got about 18/44 in one and 22/44 in the other one. I've got 4 more sections to revise which I'm nervous for. Also, I will spend a few days until then not revising as I have family commitments as well as a work placement.

I was thinking of pushing it back to September but the problem is I have a week holiday in the final week before school and I feel like I'd be stressed out more over my personal statement. Also I am looking forward to being more 'free' after mid-August to work on my personal statement and relax a bit. But then again I keep thinking back to how I only have one chance to do the UKCAT and I will do anything to maximise my chance of doing well and by that I mean having more time.

I don't know what to do someone please advise me. Btw, the available dates left are 8,9,14,15,16 of September.
Original post by latenightmadness
Basically my test is booked for mid-August and I've got about 16 days left to revise and I DON'T FEEL READY AT ALL. I've only revised Verbal Reasoning - I've done a few mocks and got about 18/44 in one and 22/44 in the other one. I've got 4 more sections to revise which I'm nervous for. Also, I will spend a few days until then not revising as I have family commitments as well as a work placement.

I was thinking of pushing it back to September but the problem is I have a week holiday in the final week before school and I feel like I'd be stressed out more over my personal statement. Also I am looking forward to being more 'free' after mid-August to work on my personal statement and relax a bit. But then again I keep thinking back to how I only have one chance to do the UKCAT and I will do anything to maximise my chance of doing well and by that I mean having more time.

I don't know what to do someone please advise me. Btw, the available dates left are 8,9,14,15,16 of September.

Hi latenightmadness

Firstly, don't panic!

If you don't feel ready and you don't think that you will realistically have the time to set aside a few hours to practise each day between now and your test date, then it might be a good idea to change the date. As you correctly say, you only have one chance to take your UKCAT so it right to put yourself in the best position you can to succeed.

By pushing the date back you can workout a sensible schedule for UKCAT prep and working on your personal statement in the coming weeks so that you can apply yourself in the best way to both things.

Ideally you need to be aiming for a few hours (4+) of UKCAT prep each day. I would suggest writing yourself out a schedule with this in mind, also setting aside time to work on your PS and utilising all the time you have between now and your new test date.

I hope that helps... do give me a shout if you have any questions.

UniAdmissions
Reply 2

To be honest, 16 days should be MORE than enough to prepare for the UKCAT. In fact you shoul be able to prepare for it in a week or so...
How are you preparing for the test?
Reply 3

I had to reschedule mine.

I used Medify for ukcat revision and I just emailed them to extend / pause my subscription and they happily did so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending