Transferring courses at UCL Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello I just completed first year Engineering at UCL and got my results today. There is 8 modules for the first year of my course and I got an overall grade of 2.2 (55%) but if counting only the top 6 module marks I have overall percentage mark of 61%. I want to transfer to first year of Medicinal Chemistry or Natural Sciences. What are the chances they will accept me with this result?*
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to contact them and ask. I'm not sure why you're only taking your top 6 modules into account. I'd assume they will look at all of them and whether they're relevant to the new course.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
You need to contact them and ask. I'm not sure why you're only taking your top 6 modules into account. I'd assume they will look at all of them and whether they're relevant to the new course.
I contacted one of the departments and they said they will count the top 6 module marks in which they wanted an average of 60% from them. The number of modules for first year vary from course to course and I think to be fair they just look at 6.
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well you have your answer then. Find out what the procedures are and go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed